Chapter 52

I stay seated on the porch with a book in hand as I wait for Nate to show up, he could've saved both of us the trouble and just walked to my house, but apparently his lazy body wouldn't permit him to do such a thing. Suddenly, my phone rings besides me making me glance at the screen name quickly to see if to ignore it or not. When my eyes catch Emily's name, I drop the book like it was a hot potato, pressing answer after almost dropping it a few times.

"Where the hell have you been?!" I shout into the phone.

"Hi." She says nervously as the sound of car horns beep in the background.

"Hi? Hi?!! You disappeared without a single word and decided to leave town! I had to hear it from Nate that you left with David!" I shout into the phone as my hand shakes with rage.
Emily and I had been thicker than thieves for the entire summer so far, when one week she started spending every waking minute with me. I thought it was because she was feeling lonely being single again, but the next week she was gone.

No note.
No text.
No phone call.

Nothing.

I tried reaching her like crazy, fearing for the worse, when a few days later Nate told me that he'd gotten hold of  David who was also M.I.A. Apparently the two took off in the middle of the night which no one understood, because as far as I was aware, she hadn't spoken to him in months.

"I know! I'm so sorry Andy!" She apologizes. "I should've said something or told you, anything. I was just so scared at how you'd react."

"Where are you?" I growl ignoring her cheap little apology.

"Barcelona..." She whispers as I take a deep breath while closing my eyes.

"Barcelona!" I shout into the phone. "You're in fucking Spain!"

"I swear I had no idea when David said he just wanted to take a quick trip somewhere. One minute we were in his car, then I woke up in a jet and now I'm in Spain." She says all at once as she tries desperately to explain herself.

"Did he kidnap you?"

"I guess, but is it really kidnapping if it's in Europe!" She whisper shouts with clear excitement, Emily's dream was always to backpack through Europe and this was a step to that.

"What's going on Em?" I ask letting out a breath of exhaustion as I rub my forehead in frustration while Nate's car pulls up to the front of the house.

"I don't know." She whispers letting out a breath as well. "I'm in a hotel room in another country with the man I wish were dead but love so much it hurts." She says with a slight hiccup. "I miss him so much and no matter how much I try, I can't stop l-loving him. I know it's stupid to be here, but I am. I don't know what to do or how to move forward. I-I just know I want to be with him." She says as she sobs slightly behind the phone making my heart clench from her pain.

Since her breakup with David, Emily had been putting up a strong front. A wall so thick, even I couldn't break through it, she always stands strong for everyone and had been keeping up the act for months now. I was waiting for her to crack and I knew I'd be there for her, I just wished I'd been there in person when she finally decided to crumble.

"Em." I whisper as she sniffs profusely over the phone. "Do what you think is right, do what makes you happy. If being with David makes you happy, then be with him. I'll always be here for you when you need me. Always." I say smiling to myself as Nate gets out the car.

"Thanks.....I'm fine David go away.......I will shoot you!" She growls into the phone making me laugh. "Look at us Andy, struggling with guys and relationships." She says making me hum in agreement as I watch Nate walk towards me slowly. "You snagged you a good one, hold onto him for me Kay?" She says as Nate stops before me with his ice cold stare before breaking into a warm smile.

"I will." I say returning the smile as he kisses my cheek. "I got to go, I'll call you later."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye."
I hang up as I tuck my phone in my pocket before standing up, hugging Nate as he snuggles himself into the crook of my neck, kissing it lightly before pulling away, keeping his hands on my hips.

"Who was that?" He asks brushing the hair out my face.

"My ex." I say groaning slightly as he tenses, the smile leaving his face as his eyes fill with an slightly familiar rage.

"You have an ex?" He questions making me frown. "What'd he want?" He growls as his eye twitches slightly.

"Wants to get back together. But I told him no because I have you." I say wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a quick peck, which he deepens considerably parting only when many lips are swollen slightly.

"And I have you. You're mine and I'm never letting you go." He growls possessively. "Mine."

"Okay mister werewolf. Cool down, I was kidding." I say making his face pale slightly before his cheeks take slight color. "It's nice to know you're so possessive though." I say before walking back into the house snickering with him hot on my tail.

"You're getting dangerous." He says taking me in his arms making me laugh as he carries me to my own bedroom.
He puts me down once his eyes catch my boxes and suitcases spread out along my floor. "You're already packing."

"We have less than a week left Nate, of course I'm packing." I say with a slight chuckle as I look up at him. "You have started packing, right?" He stays quiet as he scratches the back of his head nervously. "Nate!"

"What? I'm a night before kind of guy." He groans as he navigates his way through my things before plopping down on my bed.

"You can't do that for university you idiot!" I shout in aggravation as I pull my recently washed clothes from under him. "We're moving across the country!"

"You sound just like my mother." He groans as he pulls me on top of him making me yelp slightly.

"What's wrong?" I ask watching his troubled eyes, he studies me for a while before letting out a breath.

"Once I start packing, it means I really have to go." He says looking away from me. "I have to leave the only family I've ever known and everything I love. T-that's hard for me. Maybe because I'm adopted, but I don't want to leave all my brothers and sisters behind. My parents, David, even Elizabeth."

"I know." I say wiping away the tear that threatened to fall from his eyes. "It's hard but it's life. We got to move on, even when we don't want to. I'll miss my family too but it won't be forever, just a few months before Christmas break."

"Yeah, I know." He mumbles looking slightly unconvinced. "Would you help me pack?"

"No." I say firmly making him frown as his eyebrows knot together. "Don't do it with me or by yourself, go pack with your family Nate." I say smiling down at him. His eyes widen a bit as he analyses my words before nodding in understanding.

"I love you Andy Christopher." He says looking at me with nothing but warmth and honesty. "And I'm so grateful you bounced into me that day in the hall and called me Incredible Hulk."

"You remember that?" I question feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Of course. It was the best day of my life and I'll never forget it. I remember every single day, every minute and every moment that we've spent together. When we had a little foam party in class, our time on the roof, our dates, when you got a tattoo from me, when you told me you loved me for the first time. Everything." He finishes smiling at me as I look down at him with blurry eyes and a quivering lip. "There's no need to cry love." He says wiping away my tears as the roll down my heated cheeks.

"Shut up." I mumble stuffing my head into his neck as I cry silently in his arms while he chuckles to himself. "I love you too.

--------------------
This shit made me feel old.
My babies!!!!

Fuck😭😭

Thoughts?
Vote if you enjoyed and comment thoughts. Share and all that greatness.

Until next time,
Byeeeeeee humanssssss