Back

^those are gifs please tell me if they work

^those are gifs please tell me if they work. Top gif: Hope
Bottom gif: Anxiety
A/N: now that the last chapter is out of the way I can finally make a new room and move the story along!

(Hope POV)

I woke up to see three very worried looking faces looming over me, I pushed myself to a sitting position and saw the giant library that seemed to never end.

Bookshelves reached the ceiling which was at least fifty feet (15.25 meters) high. Ladders seemed to float up and down the bookshelves at random and paper airplanes flew above our heads.

I looked back at the Traits and saw Logic holding out his hand to me, I took it and pulled myself off the sofa I was laying on and Morality gave a nervous laugh.

"You gave us quite a scare kiddo. We thought you were..."

He didn't say it but the word hung in the air, dead. They thought I was dead.

His statement was sadly very close to the truth. I only have 26 more hours to live.

I gave them a fake smile and poked my arm, "I'm pretty sure I'm alive and breathing so there is nothing to worry about."

I could practically see the worry and fright drain out of Patton. He then turned and grabbed an airplane that was flying in circles around his arm.

"How to defend yourself from knight mares." Mor frowned, "That can't be right, it should be the dark time of the day type of night, not the medieval warrior knight."

Prince looked shocked, "How do you not know about Knight Mares?! They are a creature of the subconscious that work for the Dragon Witch!"

Logic frowned, "Didn't you tell us that the Dragon Witch is actually a very nice being of fantasy?"

Roman nodded. "Yes the Dragon Witch is good but she can get very angry and believe me, you don't want to be near her when that happens. She sends Knight Mares to do missions for her like defeating a fear but they don't really know who's the good guy and who's the enemy."

I shuddered, too many times Knight Mares went after Anxiety since they detect their foes by negative energy, he has definitely grown quite strong from the encounters but seeing those centaur-like beings always scared Anx even if they were just observing them from the monitors near the Mind Control Center.

I noticed a paper airplane circling above my head and I grabbed it and opened it. The title read "Traits and Talents"

I scanned the page and it seemed to be a page ripped out of a book, it showed a small box with strange designs on it that gave instructions on how to open it, something about riddle like clues in German, I threw the paper in the air and it refolded itself and flew away.

I noticed logic walking towards one of the ladders and that the others were following him, I ran to catch up with them. Logic walked to a ladder and grabbed hold of it, it immediately stopped moving and the others did the same, when they all got their own ladder I caught one and before I could warn the others on how the ladders worked Prince said,

"This place is amazing, it'll take forever to find anything. I wish I could find a map."

Everyone's ladder jerked as if they were on a track and sped us on our way to somewhere.

When the spinning maze of shelves came to a halt in front of us was a giant map from ceiling to floor and showed every inch of the library. I hopped off my ladder and called into the air, "I'd like a book on different medias of markers please."

The map lit up in the top left corner and the bookshelf which looked like someone put a flashlight behind it started to move, a loud shifting sound was heard from the left side of the room and I could see bookshelves moving out of the way as another bookshelf was making a beeline towards me.

Prince cried "Look out!"

I didn't bother moving out of the way, I knew it would land right in front of me, and it did. The bookshelf stopped and a green light shown from a section of the books, I walked over to the light up section to find the types of art media section and I grabbed a book about different types of markers and walked over to the other Traits.

Logan looked like he was just given a lifetime supply of ice cream, "How did you do that?!"

"You just ask what type of book you want or the book title or author and the books will come to you."

I zoned out of the others talking and opened my book but before I could even read the first page the book fell out of my hands, I frowned. There was no way I lost my grip on the book when I was holding it by the spine and the left side of the book, then I found the problem.

The fingers on my right hand had crumbled into dust.

A/N: anddddd cut! Did ya like it? I hope (hehe puns) you did. Sorry/not sorry for the cliffhanger.