the night she disappeared

"She's gone."  Mike whispered desperately looking around him for any sign of her.  He ran to where El disappeared and tried picking the black ash that exploded from the demogorgon and El.  Slowly sitting down on the floor he held his hands in his hair with tears not failing to keep falling.  Lucas and Dustin ran to where he was sitting and sat down with him.  They turned to each other knowing that their best friend really needed them and tried smiling but it ended up being a sad smile with both of them being on a verge of tears.

Tears started falling down Lucas' face and he started rubbing Mike's back, knowing him crying too wouldn't help. "It's going to be ok. We'll find her, I promise." He said trying his best to comfort him. Mike forced himself to nod and smile but his cries only turned to sobs as his friend said that word.  That one word.

Promise.

To Mike, the reminder that he had already broken his promise to El, by letting her be taken away from him caused him a pain that he knew wouldn't leave until he saw her again. If  he saw her again.

Dustin grabbed Mike's hands and tried removing the black that was stained on them.  They were damp from rubbing the tears from his face and dirty. "I'm sorry."  Dustin whispered continuously as if it were his fault.  But at that moment they all felt guilty and they all knew it. 

Mike stood up and tried wiping away his tears, feeling as if other people would think he's exaggerating since he's only known this girl for a week. 

I don't care what other people would think

He thought to himself, because in that week he knew he met someone that cared about him and understood him and loved him for who he was.  Without that someone he was going to be alone.

She was his El.  She was my El.  He was his Mike. I was her Mike.

"I kissed her." he said trying to be strong. 

"I kissed El." Dustin and Lucas looked up at their friend with their mouths hanging open. "You kissed her?" Lucas asked hoping it wasn't true. 

"I kissed her." Mike replied with a serious tone. His friends knew that this would cause Mike's urge to find even larger. They sighed and grabbed Mike's hand pulling him down to sit with them as it was obvious he was struggling to stay standing.

He crouched back down to how he was before and allowed himself to try to calm down.  There were no more tears left in him.  So, Mike Wheeler and his two friends found themselves in the position that Mike, Dustin and El were in a few days before next to the cliff except this time they were all softly and silently crying, holding onto each other even tighter.

---------------

hiii, this was my first one shot and i was planning on maybe posting more and ending up just having lots of one shots in this book. sorry it's quite short but it's my first one and i'm trying my best to make it good. please comment feedback as i'd really appreciate it, anyways thanks for reading!!

-v xx