Things Are Happening

Gabe POV

Grace was making the final preparations for Emma to arrive. "You need to rest. Is Lacy going to help you?" "Yes, but I want to make sure everything is in place." "Our room looks like a set for a hospital." She smiled at me as she laid out an outfit for the baby. "Why do you have to have the baby here? Wouldn't it be better in the medical cabin?" "Lacy doesn't know how to use any of tools if she needed to." She moved over to the bed and sat down. "You need to take it easy because we don't want you to into labor early." "We don't want any drama with this delivery." I saw the look on her face and she looked over at me. "What's wrong?" "I just can't believe that you weren't at any of the previous births." "I honestly can't wait to be a part of this one." I kissed her forehead when I heard a knock at the door. "Come in." Noah crossed over the threshold. "Hey." "How is everything? Do you need help with anything?" "I think we have everything under control." "I came over to tell you that Marius and Cosette are both sick. Lacy says she can't help during the delivery." "What?" "I'm sorry to hear that but we will take care of it." "How are we going to take care of it?" "You are going to deliver the baby." "How am I going to deliver a baby?" "I'll leave you to it." Noah walked out of our house. "How can I do something like that?" "You have seen me naked many times before." "I know but the life of our child is in my hands." "I will talk you through it." She put her hand on the side of my face. "I love you." "I love you too." I kissed her forehead and then her belly. "I love you Emma." She put my hand on her belly and I felt our daughter kick. "She's strong just like her momma." Grace started tearing up as I laid her down with me and she fell asleep in my arms.

Matt POV

Amelia and I were getting back into being intimate after the birth of our twins. All the kids were down for their afternoon nap as I lowered her back to the bed. "I've missed doing this with you." "I was just scared to do anything physical as you were pregnant." Her head was laying on my chest as she played with my little chest hairs. "We could go again." She started kissing my chest. "I need time to regain my strength." "Maybe I could do it, I have some energy left." Then one of the babies started crying and she sat her forehead on my chin with a grunt. "If they would have given us a few more minutes." Then the crying got intense and we both realized it at the same time. We quickly got out of bed and raced to their room as we grabbed our clothes from the floor. I finally zipped up my jeans as I opened their room. Isabella had gotten all of them out of bed. "What are you doing?" "I was trying to save them from the man outside." Amelia got down to her knees. "What man?" "I was awake and I was trying to read a book when I heard a tapping noise. I turned to see someone that I didn't recognize. I got all the kids out of their beds before he could break the window." She turned to look at me. I raced for the front door and I grabbed my gun. I checked around the perimeter when I heard screaming coming from Snowbird's cabin. I raced over to see the front door wide open. I could hear her screaming in one of the rooms. I followed the noise to see a man trying pin her down on the floor. "I suggest you let her go or I will shoot." I raised my gun as he slowly put his behind his head. "Be careful he has a gun under his shirt! He pulled the gun out before she could finish the sentence. I was shot in the shoulder and I fell to the ground. Snowbird and I were both screaming when we heard another gun shot. He fell to the ground and blood went everywhere. I looked towards the window to see Bam with his gun. Bear came rushing in the room as he checked the man. Snowbird was trying to slow her breathing as I tried to get up. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" "I'm fine but I need to check on the kids in the next room."

Noah POV

I followed Bam inside the cabin as I looked for clues. "We need to get you to Grace." I helped Matt off the floor. "She doesn't need to worry about this so close to her due date." "I think she would love the distraction." Bear supported his weight and walked him to the medical cabin. "I wonder what his intention was?" "I have a feeling he wasn't working alone." I could hear Snowbird trying to keep the kids calm. Bam and I blocked the doorway as she took the kids outside. "Eleanor is waiting for you and the kids." She nodded her head towards Bam as they disappeared outside. "Did any one of you check for a phone or a wallet?" "We wanted to get the kids out of the way first." "Did someone get Gabe to move the body?" "He is trying to find a place to bury him." I walked over to him and I saw a phone lighting up in his pocket. The phone had a missed call and a voicemail. I touched the screen and it said, 'Touch ID'. I lifted his finger as I opened the phone. I turned the voicemail on speaker. "I won't be needing your services after all. He actually did what he was told. Elena and I had the best fuck we have ever had. We will definitely do him again." "I wonder who 'he' is." "That's Sophie." We all turned to see Snowbird standing in the doorway. "She was Blaine's fiancé before he met me." "Snowbird, we don't you needed to hear that." "He probably gave in without any hesitation." She leaned her body on the doorframe and we saw a tear run down her face. "I'm sure he had a good reason." "He didn't have any problems cheating before." Bam walked over to her and took her in his arms. "I promise everything is going to be just fine." "All of you need to come into the house now." We all turned towards Rainy. "Why?" "Mom has collapsed."