eight

superficial love

chapter eight - the 'real' performance begins.

Upon being inside, Chaeyoung and Jaehyun now had their hands interlocked, and the place was swarming with different celebrities.

There were a lot of older celebrities such as actors or emcees standing around and chatting, and there were some idol groups who would only briefly greet people before rushing off to their changing rooms.

As Jaehyun and Chaeyoung were to stay together up until the second half of performances, they merely stood around the large hall and chatted among themselves in a more distant area.

"Your members were walking down the red carpet and getting interviewed after us, right?" Jaehyun asked, though he was pretty sure he was correct.

"Yeah, they should be coming in soon..." Chaeyoung said, "you want me to introduce you, right?"

Jaehyun nodded. "Even though I already know Jisoo," he laughed. "It'd be nice to meet the other two."

Chaeyoung was glad to hear that he'd like to meet her other members, but for some reason, felt nervous.

They had officially gotten to that 'meeting each other's friends/family' stage, and Chaeyoung could hear the voice in the back of her mind telling her that was the first mistake, as she'd only get attached.

"You ready to meet my members though? There's quite a lot of them." Jaehyun says, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

Chaeyoung had almost forgotten that she'd have to be introduced to all of them today as well.

"I know a few of them, I think." Chaeyoung says, recalling the members that she's seen a lot and the members the other BLACKPINK members have collaborated with.

Jaehyun nods before a playful grin breaks out on his face. "Hm, can you name some of them for me?"

Chaeyoung laughs, playfully swatting his arm.

She then ponders for a second.

"Well... you host the radio talkshow with Johnny... and your leader is Taeyong..." She went on, in which Jaehyun nods, listening. "Then there's Mark, who I hear a lot about... um- oh! Of course, there's Doyoung..." Chaeyoung bit her lip, doing her best. "Then... Ten! The one who danced with Lisa. Um, and I think I read an article about Yuta awhile ago that said he was the only debuted Japanese person in SM. That's pretty cool." She says, and Jaehyun laughs.

"Yeah... know any more?" He inquires with a raise of his eyebrows.

The prevailing look on her face is one of someone desperately trying to remember more names.

Jaehyun gives her a moment more.

"Taeil!" She finally exclaims, and then snaps her fingers. "Ah! I almost forgot! Haechan, too."

Unfortunately, that was all the names Chaeyoung could recall.

"And i'm finished." Chaeyoung says, heaving a sigh.