Maeve And Josh

Maeve and Josh tried to get pregnant for about a year, but nothing worked. They even tried IVF, and that didn't work. They both thought it was hopeless. That they'd never have a baby. But that changed.

Maeve was told a year before that she couldn't have children. That it was impossible for her to conceive. But that never stopped the couple from trying. For a long time, they kept trying, until they decided to just give up.

Maeve woke up one morning with nausea, and couldn't drain the tiredness away. She made an appointment with her doctor, hoping she hadn't caught a virus and given it to Josh. He went to work while she stayed home, sick.

At the appointment, after listing the symptoms, the doctor asked her to take a pregnancy test. Josh and Maeve had tried again a few nights before, so it could've been possible.

Maeve went home and took a test she bought at the pharmacy. Reading over the instructions, her heart beat excitedly in her chest.

"Please be positive," she muttered. "Please."

After taking the test, she waited and waited for what seemed like years. But the results came back positive. Maeve was pregnant.

"Yes!" she whispered excitedly.

She wanted to keep it a surprise from Josh, so that night, at dinner, they sat in silence. Josh fed his face hungrily as Maeve fiddled with her spaghetti with her fork, thinking about how to tell him. Josh noticed her like that, and thought something was wrong.

"You all right, babe?" he asked her.

"Yeah. Just still a little sick," she shrugged her shoulders.

"What did the doctor say?"

"Well, I just hope it's not a virus. I don't wanna give it to you, cutie," she smiled at him. "You're too cute to get sick."

He blushed. "God, all this time, you can still make me blush."

Maeve decided a little hint to tell him. "Um, what would you say if we tried to... you know? Conceive again?"

"Darl, I don't want to talk about it. I'm sorry, but I've given up."

She sighed. "Josh, we gotta keep trying," she took his hand. "We've been planning this for years. We can't give up."

"Sorry, babe. I can't do it. It's over."

She sighed. "Never mind, anyway. Just... no."

"What?"

She chuckled. "Well, if you checked the bin in the bathroom, you'd know."

He dropped his fork. "Excuse me a second," he got up, walking away.

"Wait, Josh! I'll tell you! I'll tell you!" she ran after him.

"Tell me what?"

She sighed. "Okay, I hinted. Just, the doctor told me to take a test again, that's all. It came back positive, but..." she stopped. She didn't mean to say the result. She wanted him to find out himself.

"Positive?" he reached into the bin and looked. "True..."

Maeve was scared. They promised to never speak of it, but she had blurted it out.

"So, what do you think?" she chuckled nervously, shaking.

He threw the test back into the bin and picked her up by her shoulders. "I'm gonna be a dad!" he smiled, spinning her. "At long last!"

She giggled as he threw her around. "I love you, Joshy."

"I love you, Maevey-Wavey," he put her down, and they put their foreheads together.

A/N~

Hi! It's finally done! Sorry about the wait, I've been soooo busy! Hope you liked it. I had to read your request a million+ times and I hope I got it right!

If anyone else wants one just request it! I'll do it!

Word count: 549 (Wow, its so short! Sorry!)