one

Mackenzie Ziegler was your average, ordinary senior in high school. She did well in school, was mildly attractive, and nice. She was known, but not popular.

On the other hand, her best friend, Brynn Rumfallo, was the popular, risqué, and daring girl. She was more of an extrovert, unlike introverted Mackenzie.

What happens when a game of truth or dare crawls upon them?

-

"Go pitbulls!" The golden hair girl cheered as she was raised to the top of a pyramid formation by the cheerleaders.

"Wait for it," Brynn's friend, Josie, whispered to Mackenzie who was sitting calmly next to her on the bleachers.

Just then, everybody in the crowd started cheering, specifically male voices.

Mackenzie turned around to see her best friend, Brynn, pulling up her top and flashing her breasts.

Josie has been recording it on her phone the whole time.

Brynn flashed everybody with a smile, then quickly prancing to Josie.

"Did I get it?" Brynn took the phone out of Josie's hand, scanning for something.

"Yup," Josie flicked her pink hair, giving Brynn a high five.

"What's going on?" Mackenzie was completely confused, she had no idea why Brynn would do that. She knew she was a risk taker, but not those kind of risks.

"I'll tell you later. Lunch after the game?" Brynn looked at Mackenzie with her big blue irises, giving her a pat on the shoulder before joining her cheerleaders again.

"Yeah, sure." Mackenzie muttered, giving a nod in approval. Brynn gave a thumbs up back to her best friend, then turning back to her cheer squad.

Mackenzie was always the outcast in their trio, making up of Brynn Rumfallo, Josie Byers, and Mackenzie Ziegler.

She just wasn't like them, but that's what they liked about her.

-

Minutes have passed by since the football game and Brynn's little flash session, the brunette was now sitting in a booth of their favorite hangout, Chocklit's.

Mackenzie patiently waited for Brynn and Josie, who only arrived a few minutes late.

"Hey girlie!" Brynn scooted next to Mackenzie, Josie sitting across from them.

"Hey, what was that all about?" Mackenzie dryly chuckled.

"My boobs?" Brynn raised an eyebrow at her, resulting for Mackenzie to nod.

"You know that new game that's been raging over the internet?" Josie butted in with Brynn's approval.

"Probably not, what is it?" Mackenzie sat up, knitting her eyebrows.

"Nerve." Brynn emphasized, pulling out her phone with a bright pink, furry case.

"Look," she unlocked her phone, opening up to Nerve.

"It's super fun." Josie said in a girly tone as Mackenzie's eyes scanned Brynn's screen.

"I don't get it?" Mackenzie seemed confused by just looking at it.

"So, it's a game where players do these crazy dares that watchers tell them to do and they earn money for it." Brynn explains, scrolling through the app.

"Right now, I'm in-" Brynn trailed off, continuing to scroll. "Third place! Not bad."

"This seems sketchy," Mackenzie laughs confusingly. "Is this even legal?"

"I don't know, but we're supposed to hide it from the government or whatever."

Just then, a group of New York City High's jocks walked through the doors of Chocklit's,

"Ooh, I see somebody!" Brynn winked at Mackenzie, making Mackenzie's heart rate rise.

All Mackenzie saw was the one and only Mark Thomas, her crush since freshman year.

She quickly glared at him, then turning her back to talk to her friends.

"Come on, Mackenzie. You're going to have to talk to him at some point." Josie groaned in complaint.

"Yeah, you're like, an introvert." Brynn said in a 'duh' tone, pausing between words.

"Yeah, no." Mackenzie mocked her best friend, shrugging her shoulders.

"If you're not, I will." Brynn insisted as she stood straight up, walking towards the group of boys. Mackenzie tried to pull her back, but her grip was too weak on somebody like Brynn.

"Shit." Mackenzie muttered to herself, making it inaudible.

"Hey, Mark." As soon as Brynn said that, all the hormonal teenage boys shot their eyes on her breasts.

"You should be looking here." She placed her hands on her hips, pointing up towards her eyes.

"Sorry, just wanted to see that rack again. You're a total package." Mark's best friend, Bryce, said to Brynn. She rolled her eyes as a response.

"Anyways," her blonde curls bounced off her shoulders. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Mark looked at her in a confused way, opening his mouth to say something, but Brynn stopped him. "I'm not asking, just for a friend." She quickly shot a look at Mackenzie, who's face was completely flushed.

"Well, which friend?" Mark looked over to the table to where Josie and Mackenzie sat, watching Brynn ''make a move" for her best friend.

"That one." She gestured towards Mackenzie, who immediately started playing with her hair as a sign of nervousness.

"Not my type."

As soon as Mackenzie heard those words, it repeatedly ran through her head, making her panic and rush out of Chocklit's.

"Wait, Kenz!" Brynn tried to follow Mackenzie out, but she was already driving off in her car.

"I'm too introverted? Just wait."

                                      -
just thought i'd give you a lil sneak peek ;)