Ch. 5 ~ Love is okay

Daniel stood up and smiled at David. He looked around at the forest. Then back at David.
          "I came back here, because I realised something." Daniel held David's face and leaned in to his lips.
          "and that is..?" David said trying to take a step back.
          "Ugh.. David," Daniel grabbed David's hands and their fingers laced. "Its that you've made me feel like nobody has ever made me feel..."
          Pretending not to understand, David gave him a confused glance. Daniel leaned closely and their lips met once again.
          David pushed away.
          "Why are you doing this to me..." David covered his face to hide tears. "One second you try to kill me... then you kiss me...?" He takes a step back and turns around, looking at the void below.
          "David... the cutting... I just..." Daniel took a step twords David.
          "I already have enough scars..." He looks down into the void deeper and takes a step closer.
          "David.. please.. come here..." Daniel reached out his hand for David's. "I don't want you getting hurt."
          "Hurt?! Have you seen what you did to me..." David looked down and thought about the chance of surviving like Jasper did. "I can't.. this isn't.. normal..?"
          "David, It's fine.. if it's because I'm a guy... I understand." Daniel tried to grab David's shoulder. He stopped because David turned around and looked at him. "David... it's okay. Love is okay... you should know this..."
          "I'm sorry Daniel... but I have a camp to help run." David left the cliff and headed back to camp, leaving Daniel. He went back to his cabin and poked Max's teddy bear which was laying against his pillow. "Dad...."
          He smiled and layed down.
          "I should go help Gwen..." David opened his door and there she was.
          "David! Where did you disappear to! Nobody will go to bed! Max and his friends are trying to escape and I have no idea where they went!!" She grabbed David's shoulders and shook him.
          "I.. It's okay Gwen! I'll be right on it!" He grabbed a flashlight and a couple other essentials for the search. He marched out of the cabin and looked at Gwen. "Where did you last see them?" He asked while turning on his flashlight.
          Gwen pointed at the boat dock. David pointed the flashlight at the boat doc and saw Space Kid.
          "Well, hello there camper!" David said and smiled. "Have you seen Max, Nikki, and Neil?"
          "Huh? Yeah! They went over to that spooky island place!" He pointed at it and then looked back at David.
          "Oh boy...." David sighed and looked back at Gwen. "I- It's nothing.. just uh.. that.. place..."
          "I remember you telling me about that place when you were a teenager!" Gwen laughed and nudged his arm. "Are the old people still there?"
          "Let's hope not.." David shivered  and tried to force a laugh out of it. He walked onto the boat dock. After getting in the boat he whispered to himself quietly, "Love is okay..."