Chapter 1: Where are the rest?

Chapter 1:

Where are the rest?

Red sky at night; shepherds delight,

Red sky in the morning; shepherds warning

No one likes early Monday mornings. Least not Jae, the pink puffy-haired, glasses-donned boy, who was clambering up the hilly path to school. Despite waking up at sunrise today, he didn't feel tired once - due to his unwavering concentration on the papers in front of his nose. Even the hoard of girls squawking behind him sounded like a simple buzzing in his ears.

That was until he saw them through the side of his specs; it was hard to ignore the desperate herd, almost throwing themselves at the boy they were following.

That's Dowoon. 

The idolised mute of the class. His silence made him even more alluring. This mysterious boy, with his midnight-black hair and 'don't give a fuck' attitude had girls dying for him. Dowoon never showed any interest in them, making large strides to keep ahead of the flock of feverous females.

As Jae watched the squealing swarm and their 'deity' rush past him, he felt a warm nudge from the side. His eyes met with those of his beaming childhood friend; pretty little Haru.

Haru was out of breath, as if she's been running to catch up; Jae looked amused.

'What were you staring at? How could you not hear me calling you?! So rude' Haru scolded jokingly with a pout.

Jae just laughed before showing her the notes he'd been reciting in his head, 'I'm revising for the test' he admitted a little solemnly.

'Today's? Since when did you revise?' Haru remarked.

'Since I found out that if I fail this one, I'll have to take supplementary classes' Jae whined.

'I warned you'

Jae just pulled on her cheek, 'yeah, yeah'.

The rest of the walk, Haru and Jae revised together, her explaining the parts he didn't understand. Jae didn't feel tired once.

Haru, on the other hand, was worried.

It was still too early for class. Most students hung about in their groups or pairs. Revising. Chatting. Laughing. Except for Dowoon: he had his head rested on his desk, attempting to sleep. The same loud-mouthed horde were standing around him, giggling, waving their hands in front of his face-

'Hey, can you shut up?!'

They turned their heads abruptly. Brian, in a seat at the very back corner of the class, was staring at them, an irritated look on his face.

There was always a noticeable emptiness around Brian. Despite his godly good-looks, he would only come off as intimidating. Most students were petrified that Brian could knock their lights out. Even those who loved a bad boy image, like Dowoon's troublesome fanbase, could not overlook his past...

However, the naïve delinquents that run after Dowoon weren't scared of Brian (when in their pack at least). They made embarrassing gang-signs back, punching and kicking the air. Pretending to cut their throats and then pointing at Brian, as if he'd take that as a threat. Brian just scoffed in disbelief, a disturbingly beautiful smirk on his face, before he got up and left the idiots there.

At that Dowoon had had enough. Giving up on his attempts to sleep, he got up and casually wandered out in the direction of the library. The silent heartthrob in search for somewhere peaceful – his sheep bouncing after him.