Where the sun never rises (a musical)- part 2- the wakening game

Falling...

Falling...

Falling in to the darkness...

The girl opened her eyes slowly and sighed. She looked around. "how long have I been asleep for this time?" she opened her closed fists, almost expecting a feeling hidden there. How can one feel? It seemed she asked that question every time she woke up. She thought for a minute. "It would be helpful if She told me what a feeling looked like instead of taunting me endlessly" the girl said quietly. She looked around the world of Kyuui, wordlessly taking in her surroundings. Ai took note that little had changed since the last time she was conscious. The grass was still green. She could tell with her toes that it had remained soft. The sky had not changed from a vast pool of shadowy blue, dotted with far away lights. The trees created from clusters of multiple dead bodies were swaying softly to a light breeze. Their mouths were contorted strangely. As if their mouths were being pulled by both cheeks. "What had She called that expression again" Oh yes! Now Ai remembered. It was a "smile." She thought hard. What a peculiar thing. I wonder what feeling a "smile" was supposed to represent? Ai figured she could ask her when she comes back. The next time.

The next time.

When would that be? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Ai began to play the game she always played when she woke up. The make-believe game in which she could feel and everything would be ok.

#######################PLAY VIDEO##################################

Ai's ears pricked as she heard one of the corpses mouths open. Music poured slowly from it. She stood up and began the game. In time to the music, Ai began to sing "waking up, I see that everything is ok. The first time in my life and now it's so great. Slowing down I look around and I am so amazed. I think about the little things that make life great." Ai imagined what it felt like to be smiling. "I wouldn't change a thing about it" Ai stretched her arms and felt the breeze flow around her. "This is the best feeling." she started to spin little by little around. " This innocence is brilliant. I hope that it will stay." she closed her eyes. "this moment is perfect." Ai wished with all her empty heart "please don't go away. I need you now" She opened her eyes again. "and I'll hold on to it. Don't you let it pass you by." Ai began to walk, making sure to appreciate her surroundings while wondering if the animal spirits have noticed her presence yet. She liked the way the dead bodies would help harmonise the song. "I found a place so safe not a single tear. The first time in my life and now it's so clear. Feel calm, I belong, I'm so happy here. It's so strong and now I let myself be sincere. I wouldn't change a thing about it." Ai had reached her makeshift swing. "this is the best feeling." Ai sat upon it and swung hard. "This innocence is brilliant. I hope that it will stay. This moment is perfect. Please don't go away. I need you now." still singing, Ai hoisted herself up, standing on the swing, threatening to fall off. "It's the state of bliss, you think you're dreaming. It's the happiness inside that you're feeling. It's so beautiful, it makes you want to cry." Ai could feel her bare feet slipping. "it's the state of bliss, you think you're dreaming. It's the happiness inside that you're feeling. It's so beautiful, it makes you want to cry." Ai launched herself off the swing but glided off in slow motion, where she gently landed on her feet. While the corpses and Ai still sang and her desperation for a feeling continuing. A bird perched on her finger while a butterfly landed on her nose. Ai whispered out loud "please don't go away." She span round quickly and sat down. " And I'll hold on to it, don't you let it pass you by." A tiger nuzzled her arm and lay by her side while a rabbit hopped on to her lap, wanting a cuddle. "I hope that it will stay" all sorts of mammals, birds and insects flew down and rested by her side. "Please don't go away" these animal spirits were the closest entities she will ever have to a companion. The corpses chanted sadly " It makes me want to cry" Ai just lay back down , now more or less speaking to herself "don't you let it pass you by..."

Ai couldn't even feel sad about it. Whatever sad was supposed to feel like. She just accepted it. At that sudden moment she felt a chill down her spine. The animal spirits who were at peace now looked alert and started to run away. Ai knew along with the animals what had just happened. She had returned. Ai began to sprint away from her improvised home when she heard not only Her voice but another voice as well. A new voice. She hesitated, deciding whether or not she should go when a horse nudged at her frantically to keep going. Ai bit her lip but kept running.

Later, she promised herself.

Later...