7

>> junior year of college

"is this seat taken?"

looking up, you see a young man smiling at you, waiting for a response. outside in the courtyard is such a nice place, considering today is the loveliest weather of the week.

"ah...."

"i'm... my name is park jimin."

being forgotten is always a thing. never thought that face features were forgotten as well.

"i.... i know."

looking at you confused, you replied:

"sorry, it just came out."

smiling, he sits next to you and sighed. you stared at him for what it felt like minutes, but snapped back into reality when you see him staring at you.

"i feel like i've seen you somewhere. are you in any of my classes by any chance?"

he's not an observant person, is he? somehow, you knew he wasn't. ever since both of you are kids, you always knew.

"we're pretty much in every class, i guess. i always hear your name being called everyday, so..."

"that's why you know my name. at first, i thought you were one of those girls that follow me around all the time. the attention is highly likeable, but sometimes it can get annoying."

"pretty much."

"at least i have someone to talk to other than my friends that i get to see everyday, huh?"

"guess so."

"yeah."

the bell rings and he stands up from his seat and asked if you could walk with him. you agreed.

this fresh new start can start building this friendship again.