Chapter 1: Set Sail!

The 4th dock from the east. To get aboard the Night's Raider, show this paper and say your looking for a slave trader ship. The British got eyes mate!
It was splendid. I haven't a job like this in years, feels good to get out on the blue again. I went to the dock past the saloon and tailor shops. Looking for that one beautiful sight of a ship wasn't that hard.

I went to a man on the docks who was sitting on a wooden box and booze in his hand. "I am looking for a trader ship, is this it?" I asked. "You mean slave trader." "Aye." "What's your name mate?" he said as he was getting out a paper from his bag. "Alfred Lysette." I replied. "Follow me." He said as he got up and led me onto the ship and into my quarters. "Your job on this ship is a rigger, you got to go high in the ropes and tie knots." "Do you want a demonstration?" he asked. "You can spare me that, I've done this line o' work."

"It's 6:00 and you get some rest, tomorrow each new man has got to make a traitor or a British dance the hempen jig." I was scared, excited, really an unknown mix o' feelings. I heard that the captain wasn't really a good man to his crew, I would have to make a good impression and make my way up the ranks.

It was loud that night, they were drunk, fighting each other, singing the chantey Drunken Sailor over and over. It annoyed me. All this chaos wasn't allowed on my last ship. We had to keep our candles and lights out starting at 8:00 P.M. Eventually I was done with the noise, I went out.

At first I was expecting to knock out the life of the party, but instead I saw my old friend at the bar, ol' William Rogers. He had blonde hair, but bald at the top, mid 40's and a nose piercing. He was there with a few friends I didn't know and really didn't care about.

I walked up to him with my arms out and a hey buddy emotion. He was surprised, happy, ecstatic, and had a bit of a buzz. "Well blimey," he exclaimed. "If it ain't Freddy my boy!"