nineteen

Ian tip toed down the hallway, being as quiet as he could when he passed Mickey's room. Turning around, looking at the kitchen, he saw Rosie, who smiled at him. Before she could be happy to see him, he put a finger to his lips, silently sushing her. She nodded, slowly, as Ian gestured for her to come closer. She was as quiet as he was, assuming it was some sort of game.

Picking her up, Ian silently made his way towards the front door, picking up the pace as he opened it.

Mickey heard the sound of the front door slam shut, as he exhaled smoke that tainted his lungs. Quickly getting up, he ran out of the room, thinking of nothing but the worst - like something happened to Rosie.

Without much thought to Ian, he ran to the front door, just in time to see a car pull from the curb, and a flash of bright red hair in the drivers seat.

"Ian! Rosie!" Mickey chased after the car, which, obviously, was able to be faster than him. After the car had gotten out of sight, Mickey didn't stop his sprinting as he made his way to the Gallagher house.

"Put on your seatbelt." Ian had glanced back with a small grin, watching from the rearview mirror as we got away from Mickey. Rosie did what she was told, quickly clipping the seatbelt, fearful of the speed they were going. "Holy shit! What a rush, huh?" Ian exclaimed, tapping on the steering wheel to a rythm in his head.

"Where are we going, daddy?" Rosie asked, turning her attention to the window, as she watched the south side fly by her.

"See, I was thinkin' Florida. Ever been there?" Ian asked, looking in the mirror to make quick eye contact with Rosie, as she shook her head. "Oh, you'll love it, Rosie. The beach, swimming pools, summer - all year round!" He listed off the greatest things in Florida. Rosie frowned when she thought of leaving Mickey behind. Everything enjoyable was in Florida, except Mickey.

Bursting through the front door, he wasn't surprised to only see Sammi and Lip left at home. Rushing over to them, Sammi noticed the worried expression he carried.

"What's wrong?" She asked, in the high pitched, obnoxious, condescending tone. Mickey put a hand up, silencing her.

"Leave me the fuck alone." He shot a glare at her, before looking back at Lip.

"Where the fuck's Rosie? Ian?" Lip asked, looking at Mickey with wide eyes. Catching his breath, Mickey hardly managed to breathe out his words.

"Ian left. He took Rosie, in a car." Mickey informed him, making Lip sigh as he grabbed for the phone as quickly as he could, dialing Fiona's number. "Don't be calling the fuckin' cops." Mickey stated, sternly, not wanting Ian in trouble and Rosie to be scarred for life in the small chance of Ian being arrested. Lip just shot him a glance before Fiona finally picked up the phone.

"Fiona, you gotta get home, right now." Lip said, urgently. Fiona paused, momentarily, before going into a fit of questions, slight worry and anger prominent in her voice.

Ian lifted his knee to keep the steering wheel still as he lifted his arms up, one sticking out the window next to him.

"Look, no hands!" Ian smiled, widely. Rosie grinned slightly at this, as he turned the radio up even higher. Driving down an extremely secluded road, nobody would be able to see them for miles.

Rosie and Ian both noticed Ian's phone light up, showing Mickey calling. After glancing at it several times, Ian ignored the call, letting his smile come back to his face, quickly, lucky that Rosie couldn't read yet, or she would be crying to talk to Mickey.

"Uncle Lip showed me some pictures from when he was there, it looks like a nice place." Ian rambled on, barely paying much attention to the long road in front of him, as Rosie found interest in the landscape around them, changing from the city to a dirt town.

Mickey slammed his phone back onto the counter, after Ian refused to pick up. Fiona finally came through the door, with a concerned expression, as Lip paced around, trying to call Ian, too.

"What's goin' on?" Fiona asked, rushing into the kitchen.

"Ian took Rosie." Lip told her, as Mickey stared down at the countertop in front of him. Fiona sighed, worry seeping through every movement she made.

"Shit." Fiona pulled her phone from her back pocket, too. Mickey's head dropped down in defeat, feeling as though the entire thing was his own fault, scaring Ian with his words.