Jaime Lannister - Invincible

"Jaime Lannister! What the hell did you do!" You couldn't believe what you heard when Bronn brought Jaime home, telling he had thought it necessary to fight in the front line of the battle, just after he had recovered from losing his hand. The sell sword had even shot you an apologetic look, telling you not to blame him. He had tried everything he could.

Jaime on the other hand... once he had had enough water to recover, he sat up again, wincing because of the pain of the wounds. He shot you a look that was enough to make you stop asking what you could do to make them better. He was a man. He didn't want to talk about it, that much was clear.
"What can I say? You make me feel invincible.", he tried to joke. "I knew you'd patch me up. And someone had to do the job. We lost a lot of officers in this war, Y/N. I can't just hold back because you are afraid I'm going to be one of them. That will get me killed. Not those scratches I've gotten now."

"Scratches?" You frowned. By the way Jaime had walked and Bronn had been even kind of worried, you had the idea it was far more than just a few scratches. Just because Jaime was too stubborn to faint or at least retreat when he needed to, didn't mean that the wounds he got, couldn't kill him in the end.
"That's not scratches. You're too good for this world, doing jobs you shouldn't have to do. Bit of a pity I'm not. Take off that armour and I'll see what I can do to make you better." You grinned. "You do realize that might hurt a bit, don't you?"

Jaime frowned.
"I hadn't exactly thought of that in the middle of a battle field, no. But it can't be worse than what I've already had, so... I'll live." He did indeed undo his breastplate and you helped him get it off and put it in a corner. "I'll call someone to tend to that. You're not to touch it anymore today."

"As my lady commands...", he mocked while he took off his shirt, showing you a sight you usually loved, but now worried you.

"Do you realize that that wound could have killed it, if it were just a bit to the right? You shouldn't have continued fighting with that! You're not some common soldier, Jaime. You're worth more than that!"

He grinned, only to wince immediately after that. Again. Jaime must be in pain, because normally he didn't show that much when he was in pain.
"I see I made you worried. That's a first.", he grinned. "I can't exactly assess wounds when I have three knights trying to kill me. Somehow I'm still on top of everyone's death list and now I have to fight with my left hand, all those cockroaches actually think they stand a chance."

"Which they do!" You could only be worried.

"I was the one walking off the battle field, Y/N. They were carried off. Two of them dead, if I am correct. Maybe you should start worrying about my opponents, not about me."

"I'm on your side, not on theirs...", you simply said. "And you might feel invincible... but you're not."

"I know that by now, trust me. I just can't change who I am."