Chapter 2

Gala POV:

We had spent the entire day searching for fire benders but none of them met Skylar's standards or they didn't want to help. Begrudgingly we set home through the forest to our campsite.
We were halfway through the forest when Skylar and I smelled smoke and heard a scream. We took off towards the scream and I gasped; a girl was curled into a fetal position screaming in pain and holding her arm while the trees and bushes around her were up in flames.
"Skylar you handle the fires, I'll see what's going on" She nodded and started taking the oxygen from around the fires, bending it so fast it circled around her body and made her dark gray hair whip around her head in a halo. The red hair girl on the floor gave another scream of pain and writhed on the forest floor. I sat down next too her and gently pulled her hand from her forearm to see what was hurt. Small cuts were appearing seemingly on their own and blood was running down her left arm.
"Help me..."
"How, what is going on?!" I was trying to stay calm as she started to shake in pain. Skylar was battling the flames as hard as she could but it seemed that as soon as she put out one fire another would appear two times stronger and she was getting overwhelmed.
"I need you to calm down or we are going to be burned, what is your name?" I put my hand on her shoulder and spoke softly trying to calm her down and get her mind off of the pain.
"Celosia"
"Okay Celosia, I want you to breathe with me ok?" She looked up at me and I gasped at her appearance; dark circles took up most of her shallow looking face and her dark red eyes were bloodshot from crying. She took a few shuddering breaths and looked down at her arm, written in scraggly letters were the words, CELL 142 SM.