six

irl!! » mike's dressing room

cait's pov

"hey girl," mikes voice was silky, "what's up?" he swirled around in the chair in front of his huge mirror.

"nothing really, just waiting around." i slumped down onto the couch facing him.

a loud knock surprised the both of us, ben soon poked his head in the room, "what's up guys!" his voice was cartoon-ish, like he was pretending to be a bad actor.

"nothing," i said, giving him a snooty smile.

"ben," mike shifted his head to the side slightly, his hair just barely moving. his eyebrows crunched close to his eyelids.

"right, ill be leaving, to the stage." the brown haired boy shot finger guns at me before closing the door behind him.

"that was.. weird." i flicked my eyes at all of the familiar fan art that surrounded his walls.

"yeah i don't know what his issue is." mike chuckled.

there was a loud thud on the wall the couch was leaned on, followed by a cough, from my memory that was will's dressing room.

"what the hell-" mike stood up, "ill be right back, cait." the tall boy shuffled out of the room and down the right hallway.

i pressed my ear to the wall, unsuccessfully trying to hear anything but fuzzy screams and deep voices.

"cait, what are you doing?" mike's voice was laced with laughter. my feet slowly slid down the cushion before i sat cross legged staring at him.

"what's going on, mike?" i asked him sincerely.

he moved closer to me. those black boots from his stage costume were planted in front of me, i watched them change position.

"cait! are you in costume? two minutes!" ben winked at me from the hallway.

"right, ill see you later, brother?" i giggled, elbowing his stomach. putting an emphasis on the last word.

he responded with a small grin as i padded my way out onto the stage for my first dress rehearsal before the show tomorrow.

an// that was the first real in person situation i've written between them, of course they've had many. most thing will be through social media but this chapter was to show how he wanted to tell her but couldn't get the chance.