[Untitled #7]

It took time for Travis to get the hang of things, but when it did, everything began falling into place. He was booked for more shows around Los Angeles and was finally building a rapid fanbase. Though time was of the essence and on rare occasions they spoke, Travis made time for Maria. But inevitable, that would cease to exist. Chase didn't want to hear a mere mention of her name, let alone her coming over—or he'd get angry.

Travis simply shrugged, grabbing his graphic shirt from the couch before exiting the duplex. The sun bounced off of his skin as he made his way to Chase's impala. He drove a few miles as he decelerated towards a familiar apartment, let alone a familiar face leaned against the outer gate, gracing the nicest shorts. Her dark-skin was so inviting in that moment, Travis just wanted to fuck her right there.

But knew he had to wait regardless of if she was ready to. Believe it or not, Travis was very compassionate the few times he'd been with Maria. He listened to the story of her assault, why she started pornography, and chose to drop out of University. Never judging her character in any way.

Once he exited the car, he smiled at her as she walked up to him, their bodies embracing while Travis rubbed the small of her back, "It's been forever babygirl,"

"I know," she smiled, pulling away from him while caressing his face with her dainty fingers, "You're getting so popular, I hope you're not forgetting about me." She pouts, earning a small peck on the lips from him.

"I could never," smiling at her. Both  looked down in order to prevent the other from seeing them blush.

Travis looked up first, scratching the nape of his neck as he coughed awkwardly, "What are your plans for today?"

"Well, I'm working on building my case with Norman. We finally got an attorney, courtesy of the Student Government Association," Maria began while smiling. Travis did remember Norman from the time he visited the prestigious school, they were cordial with each other and Travis plans to keep it that way.

"That's good," he forced another smile, looking down. Maria did not miss it this time.

"Is there something wrong Travis?" She asked, cupping his face again as his brown eyes made contact with her's. His frown deepening.

"I have to head back to Houston," He says, knowing the damage would've already dented Maria had she found out through Chase, "My parents know that I'm not in school. They withdrew all of my classes, cut my phone and my expenses."

"What?!" Maria panicked, obviously at a place in life where she's content. Travis was her source of that and now that he's leaving, how else will things just go back to how they were before she'd met him, "W-what are you going to do? I don't want you to leave!"

"I don't want to leave too babygirl. My life belongs here with you, and Chase," he replies, rubbing the back of her head, "I'll figure it out, I'm leaving tomorrow morning, so I'm just here to tell you goodbye before that. I don't know when's the next time I'll be able to see you again, but I know when that does occur—you'll be the beautiful woman I knew you'd be. Just, stop being so hard on yourself, allow ample time for you to grow and gain the happiness you truly deserve."

To say Maria hadn't been so shocked at the sudden change of words would be an understatement. Her head leaned into Travis's chest as tears fell freely from her eyes, luckily Maria hadn't worn makeup that morning, "Please don't go." Her voice barely inaudible as she latched onto his tall frame, "Please Travis."

Seeing her so vulnerable made his throat lock, he looked away from her pleading gaze before staring back into her eyes, "I promise I'll come back for you once this fame shit blows over. I love you,"

No man had ever declared those three words to her before, they deemed it as too political since she was nothing but a mere whore on camera. Her eyes stung before attaching her soft lips to his—God only knew when the next time would be when she feels them against hers again. As Travis parts ways with her, Maria was left with a sudden void in her heart. Her crying stopped for the most part, however mentally; she was hurt twenty-fold. Was this a technical break up?

Travis had no form of contact, and he was leaving Los Angeles for a long time, Maria was unsure when he'd come back—and if he'd come back. She releases a long sigh, sauntering into her apartment complex, entering the bedroom her and Daisy shared. Daisy however, still in deep sleep while Maria plopped down onto her bed.

Why does it hurt so much? She barely knew Travis, If anything, her sentiments for the young college drop-out should be at a minimum. Her time getting to know Travis though, is what really triggered her new fondness to the aspiring rapper. He was so zealous, ambitious, though stubborn, he was understanding of Maria's situation. Suddenly Maria felt a familiar sting in her eye as her throat locked. She was doing it again, she let a man in, touch her inner-most emotional state, he left—she's left to pick up the pieces.

She sniffled, wiping the tears away as she got up to trudge into the bathroom. Maria stares at herself in the mirror, scoffing at her vulnerable state. Why was she so weak?

Was it the anger of him having to leave so suddenly? Was it because she took the time to open up to him, only to betray her? Was it simply because she was too naive?

That must've been it. Maria was taken as a fool everywhere she went, and no pretty face could reconcile with that.

Wiping the residue of tears left she frowned, coming to a realization. She'd never let anyone get close ever again. That only allowed space to hurt her.

She wasn't going to go down this road again.