Chapter One: The look

Ten years ago.

Karma's POV

This is thing, Ivy and i met back in kindergarten, she pushed me and told me:

" You should give me your toy if you don't want to get hurt"

Then i got up and pushed her back and said:

" what if i like to get hurt?" and ever since that day, we became best friends. Five year old me was sassy asf. 

In middle school we met, but that's not the only friend i cherrished during my chilhood. Sin. He was a complete nerd and weirdo, but he's good at EVERYTHING, seriously sports, school, friends, unbelievably perfect. This is how i met The one that got away :

Sin and i were sitting next to eachother watching the annual volleyball game. Perfect strangers right? Well, Sin wasn't watching the game, he was waiting for Cole. So when they found eachother , Sin got up and took my school bag instead of his. So we exchanged backpacks. 

Cole had my backpack and went to see me during the 15 min break of the afternoon. I apologized for being clumsy but he wouldn't forgive me and he called me a thief! What a jerk. He blackmailed me.

"Poor little Karma Underwood, you are secretly a anime fan huh?" Cole the demon was getting in my nerves, after saying his words gently but with playful tone.

"How did you..." HOLY SHIT!I thought. "You red my JOURNAL? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? DO I EVEN KNOW YOU?"

" We're classmates in sciences if you didn't know by now miss barbie."

-"THAT ISN'T AN EXCUSE TO READ MY JOURNAL AND DON'T CALL ME MISS BARBIE YOU JERK!"

-"Oops i guess. Do you want your trash back or what?Cutie pie, Would you like the school to know that miss popular perfect girl is also a geek?"

At this moment, Ivy was mad , but she didn't do anything. I didn't really care if the school knew that i was a "fan" of manga i just wanted to learn how to draw, but still, that's was my baby purple flower journal in his hands and Ivy and i wrote lots of things in there like things we wanted to do before high school, and we did half of them already. Like went we snock out of our houses to meet at school just to make a grafitti or our inicials in the school's wall. K+I. The principal never knew who it was, but if that fucking demon that people call Cole reads the list, he would propably double blackmail me, us. But since he only knows about the manga's i drew, he just saw the first 50 pages. So we stayed calm.

"The question is , do YOU want yours back?" Ivy replied to the bully.

"I'm not talking to you, just give me the answers to the pop quiz we did last week and i'll give you this notebook back.But for the moment, take this shortcake." He directly said to me.

He gave me my bag back with all my stuff in it, except my diary. Which was what we all expected he'd do.

"Tomorrow at 10, here." He declared fixing his blue eyes on my eyes with a serious look.

"But for what?" I played dumb, of course i knew he wasn't in class last week, that's why M.Lands was angry and gave us extra homework.

"Incase you didn't notice, sweetheart i was sick all week last week. So i have to catch up on this quiz. You always get straight A's ."

"You were sick or playing video games?" I asked smiling while Ivy gives me the look.

"Yeah, you can say that too, honey."

"Ivy heard that?"

"Roger that, bes."

-"Are you sure you don't to give me my notebook back? I mean, what a shame, you could get 3 weeks of detention and school service... Do you like cleaning the restrooms with Mr. Janitor"