۶ Distance

Noira's POV

I opened the door, and stepped out. The several steep stairs, what led me down showed me, I was definitely on that floor. Two guards were standing on the sides, but they didn't follow me this time. I walked down, and soon I found a familiar hall.

Dinner, or not dinner, I had a much more important thing to do, before I would do anything else. I took my way to the throne room. There were not three, but six guards at the entrance in armor. Whoa, they seemed violent. Their presence made me sure, his highness was sitting on his throne. I stopped a few meters away, and hid my smile quickly.

'I need to speak with his royal highness' I said simply. They didn't respond. I cleared my throat, and repeated it. They were still standing there without a word.

'Are you only statues?' I stepped closer, but one of them lifted his sword. 'Okay, you're real. Then could you open the door for me?'

'You can not enter' said finally a guard from the left. I turned to him.

'It would take just a minute. Or less. It's very important, please!' I begged.

'No.'

'Please' I sighed.

'Forgive me, my lady, but you are not allowed-' he started, still calmly.

'But why?' I interrupted him. Somebody touched my arm, so I turned back. It was my tall, black haired friend. 'Captain, tell him I can enter!' I begged to Fräynn now.

'You can not'

'But why?' I asked now angrily.

'Come with me' he said patiently, and led me toward the exit. We stepped out, and continued our walk in the garden. I waited for his answer, but the minutes were passing, and nothing happened.

'So why?' I asked again, and he looked at me in surprise.

'What why?'

I sighed. 'Why it is not possible for me to speak a word with the king?'

'Oh. It's his majesty's command. Why would you speak with him, anyway? If you have a problem, tell me, and I happily solve it. We can not disturb him with our personal requests.'

'Well, thank you, but I don't think, you can. It's... private.' I turned away and studied the elves, who were walking in the far, instead. Oh, for Light's sake, why was it so complicated? I just wanted to tell him, I was here. I just wanted him to know. From me. Was I childish?

I stopped. 'It's just me, who cannot enter?' I asked, before I could shut my mouth. Fräynn wrinkled his forehead. 'Nevermind' I said quickly. 'You wanted to ask something. What would that be?' For this, he shook his handsome head, and let a nervous laugh out.

'Well, that's private too' he started to walk again, and I followed. 'Still, I'd be glad, if you heard me out. We, the Elves of Mirkwood, usually don't speak about something like this. We keep it to ourselves. But, since you're here, I realized, I've changed. On a positive way' he added.

Okay.

'I just feel something, I've never felt before. And I think, it's time to do something with it' he said and stopped me. 'It's since a moon now. Since... around the day, we've first met. Maybe, you remember that day.'

I nodded timidly. He placed his palm onto my shoulder and pierced his gaze into mine, as continued. 'Do you know that... sentiment, when in the other's presence, you can not do anything, but smile? When only a blink from her... makes you feel alive? I mean, this person can totally break your concentration... And your heart beats so strong, it could leave your chest... And... when she's there, you just go very weak?'