Chapter 7

"How did you get this job anyway?" Tommy asked her as they got their seats. Alanna looked from the window to look at Tommy who was beside her.

"Michel is a family friend and he called me" Alanna partially lied.

"So you just dropped everything back home to come here? Not much going on back there?" Tommy asked.

Alanna rolled her eyes.

"Why are you being so annoying? We've got a long trip ahead of us, please, if you're going to say something let it pertain to the case and not me!" Alanna quietly snapped.

But it only got a soft chuckle out of him.

"Excuse me for wanting to be more interested in you. Wasn't it just a few moments ago that you were angry that I could care less about what happened between us? Well here I am trying and you seem to not want it at all." Tommy said with a smirk.

Tommy aggravated Alanna and not too much in a bad way. He knew how to push her buttons, get a rise out of her. Very few people were able to do that, and the fact that he was breaking down her walls was scaring her.

"How about we just focus on this case?" Alanna quipped back, trying not to think too much into what he had just said.

"Sure thing, banphrionsa" He teased, calling her a princess in Gaelic.

She glared at him but couldn't help a small smile from forming on her face. She quickly turned her head to face the window so he wouldn't see that she was falling for his charm.

But Tommy knew he was getting into her heart. He smiled confidently knowing he was slowing breaking down her barriers.

Alanna set up her iPad for them to review the case so time could go by faster.

"The body is so badly beaten" Alanna said, looking at the picture of the dead woman with red hair. Tommy stretched his long legs out and rested them on the seat in front of them.

"Aye, somebody was pissed" he said, nonchalantly.

"Can you take this more seriously, and get your feet off that seat. Someone could get on and want that seat" Alanna quipped at him, slapping his leg.

"Oh please, this is so no one will sit across from us" He quipped back, getting comfortable.

"You're such a bum" Alanna said under her breath.

"And you're a drama queen" he said back, hearing what she said.

Alanna was going to reply but a call came in on her iPad from Sebastian.

"Sebastian is calling" Alanna said, forcing Tommy to sit straight and lean in towards Alanna for him to see the screen.

Alanna hit the accept button and Sebastian's face appeared and as well as Louis, who was back at The Hague.

"We're here Sebastian" Alanna said.

"Forensics and Pathologists are going to have their hands full here" He said.

"Why's that?" Alanna questioned.

"7 corpses have been found in various stages of decomposition" Sebastian revealed.

"We've found ourselves a dumping ground. So it's either a serial killer or organized crime" Hickman said.

"Both are territorial" Tommy added.

"I don't know. The last victim doesn't fit the victimology for a hit. I mean, if this were organized crime, there would be something left behind ya know? Like a 'hey I'm from this mob' kind of token. Same goes for serial killers. They usually leave some sort of distinctive signature behind" Alanna said