chapter six

the day after
chapter six
august

>>

i was leaning against the stump as i watched the bodies being carried away into the fire. it wasn't right. we should at least bury our friends. i fucking hated this. i heard daryl grunt as he stabbed someone else in the head with a pick axe. i sighed.

"don't be sad." shane said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"don't fucking touch me! ever!" i yelled. everyone looked at me, but i didn't care.

"woah sweetheart, i was just being friendly." he smirks at me and i scoff.

"your friendly, it's called-" he then grabbed my arm drug me off to the side.

"don't you dare." he snarls.

"i would though."

"i'll kill you're entire family. and i won't hesitate." he threatens.

"good girl." he smiles. he then tries to grab me.

"don't touch me!" that's when daryl shows up.

"you heard her, prick." it was just the three of us in the field. shane scoffs and walks away.

"you okay?" i shook my head yes. "alright, come on." i was lying straight through my teeth. i wasn't okay. i wasn't about to... never mind... i was never going to be okay...

>>

"the dead girls a time bomb." daryl says to all of us.

"what do you suggest?" i ask.

"take the shot. clean shot, in the brain from here. hell i can shoot anything in between the eyes from here."

"show off." i mumbled.

"no, god sakes, just let her be." lori comments

daryl scoffs and goes over to help morales with one of our men. that's when glenn goes off on him. i agree with glenn. we should bury our people, not burn them.

that's when i can tell daryl got mad. he went off and blamed us for this happening. because we left his brother.

i sighed and looked at rick. he motioned for me to go and talk to him.

"daryl, you can't keep going back to that. we'll find him, i swear."

"i know... i know, i just-"

"a walker got him! a walker bit jim!" jaqui yells, basically saying, come over and help.

"show it to us." daryl demands. he says it again and soon enough, we're all circling him. jim picks up a shovel and try's to hit us.

"woah, jim, calm down. it's okay." i say trying to help. t-dog grabs him from behind and daryl lifts up his shirt, immediately putting it down as soon as we see how bad it is.

>>

"i say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl and be done with it." daryl suggests.

"is that what you would want? if it were you?" shane asks him.

"yeah, i'd thank you while you did it."

"i hate to say this,"sale starts. "but maybe daryl's right."

then rick goes off and starts talking about the cdc.

"not a bad idea." i chime in.

"heard that it was lookin' for a cure, heard a lot of things before hell rolled in." shane says.