7

Josh POV...

I was upset and worried. I wanted Melanie back. I was the first to notice she was gone. She text me every morning as soon as she wake up. She always early to school never a minute later than 8:25. I tried calling her, she didn't pick up. I went over to her house but that was no help. I went over to her job and they haven't seen her. So I reported her missing.

I had a free period today so I sat outside thinking. I was playing with my thumbs.

"Josh!"

I looked up and say skyler jogging towards me. I stood up wiping my butt and smiled at her.

"Hey skyler what's up?" I said. She looked at me concerned but yet had a smile on her face.

"Nothing much, just wanted to chill with my bestie." She responded. I gave her a side hug and smiled.

"I'm going to leave after this period is over. I don't feel like staying any longer today." I said trying not to let myself sound sad.

"Are you sick?" She asked tilting her head.

"No. Just want to be at home."

She nodded. I looked at her after a moment of silence to see she was already looking at me. She wanted to say something but looked like she was holding it back. The bell rang couple seconds later and I broke the silence.

"I should be going now." I said. She nodded. "I'll bring your homework to you if we have any." She said having a faint smile. I nodded and grabbed my book bag and left.

I walked though the front doors and down the steps. I was heading on my usual walk home. Only lived five minutes away from school.

"JOSH!!" I heard someone call out. I stopped and looked behind me. A man was walking towards me. Maybe a teacher from school? "I'm detective Owens" he said once he caught up to me. "Your not in any trouble, just want to ask some questions about Melanie." He said.

I sighed yet nodded holding back the tears that wanted to burst out of my eyes.

"When was the last time you saw her."

"School, couple days ago."

"What is the relationship between you two?"

"Dating".

"Did she have any problems with anybody?"

"No, she got along with everybody. Everyone loves her." I smiled thinking of the first time we met. It was when I was waking through the halls. She was running around with skylar when she accidentally bumped into me.

She fell on her butt and yelped out in pain. I helped her up and smiled and she smiled back at me and thats when chemistry happened and boom. Taken.

"Would she have a reason to just leave ?"

"No I wouldn't think so."

Owens nodded and digged in his pocket pulling out a little index card. "If you have questions, ideas or hear anything, feel free to give me a call. No matter how late or early" . I nodded and grabbed the card putting it inside my pocket and turned around and started my walk.

I got home after a while to be greeted by my father.

"Hey son, why home so early?" He asked.

"Just worried for Melanie." I responded keeping my head down.

"Don't worry son, she will show up. She is a strong, independent women. God will keep her safe." He put his hand on my shoulder and gripped it.
I looked at him giving a faint smile and went up to my room waving to some of the maids cleaning around the house.

I threw my bookbag down and plopped down on the bed and looked up to the ceiling. I really hope she is ok. I wouldn't forgive myself knowing she was hurt or worse.