First Year, Part 1 (The Train Ride)

Prologue:
"Alexa! Hide!" Mommy whispered urgently to me, as she shoved me roughly under the bed.
The door to the room was kicked open, and I could see Mommy's feet being lifted off the ground.

"Traitor," a scratchy voice said.

There was an explosion, and Mommy fell to the floor. She lay limp, her blank eyes facing me.
I whimpered, tears rolling down my cheeks.
I saw someone's feet start to walk toward the bed, slowly.
"Alexa?" The scratchy voice said as if it were inside her head. "Come out."
When I didn't move, the bed was levitated up into the air, and I stared up into the face of evil.
Voldemort.
A twisted smile formed on his gray face, and he pointed his wand down at me.

I crawling over to where mommy lay, still on the floor.
"Mommy? Mommy wake up?" I said between sobs, shaking her.
At this, Voldemort laughed. Then, with a swish of his wand, he levitated me so that I hovered in the air.
"Where is your daddy, Alexa?" He rasped out.
The way he said my name frightened me.
"I don't know" I whimpered.
"Really?" He asked, an ugly smile forming on his face.
I suddenly felt a searing pain in my whole body, and I couldn't breathe.
"Then I suppose you are of no use to me, Alexa."
The pain in my body went on and on, for what felt like days. Voldemort laughed as he cast spell after spell upon me. Not anything that would kill me, just torture me.
"Please, don't kill me." I gasped out, after a while.
"Kill you? No. I'm not going to kill you." he breathed out in his hideous voice.
With that, I felt a pain worse than any other pain I had ever experienced in my life. The pain was in my left eye, and in my left leg. It lasted only a few seconds, but it left me completely breathless.

I was dropped to the floor. Voldemort vanished.

It was only when a Dumbledore and a group of Aurors arrived that I even noticed my leg. It was gone.
They had found me, in a puddle of my own blood, shaking mommy and pleading for her to wake up.

I was taken to St Mungo's Hospital, but they could not restore my leg. Somehow, Voldemort had made sure I could never have it back.

Something had been done to my eye. It felt cold and was green. I also saw only black, gray, and white out of it. But I could see bright colors out of it when I looked at someone. They were surrounded by one color or another. I didn't know what it meant. They didn't know what was wrong with it.
I had been tortured, and my mommy had been killed in front of me. That's all I could think about for a long time.
I don't know how long I stayed at St Mungo's Hospital, but eventually, they let me out to go live with my Aunt Cora.

THREE YEARS LATER:

I walked alongside Aunt Cora as we arrived at King's Cross Station.

My Hogwarts letter of acceptance had arrived 2 months prior, and I had been thrilled. It had been the first day in the last 3 years that I had actually felt truly happy.
Aunt Cora had been thrilled too. I think she was tired of taking care of a "damaged freak" as she always called me.
Truth be told, I was just as, or more excited as her to be getting away from life with Aunt Cora for once. I may be damaged and I may be a freak as she always called me, and I may be gloomy and quiet too, but at least I wasn't like Aunt Cora; Bitter, Cruel, self-centered, and always angry for no apparent reason. It had been hard living with someone like that.

I pushed my cart full of school supplies and boarded the train. It was had a few children looking for compartments on it, but most were already seated. Many of the children who saw me gave me strange looks upon seeing my wooden leg, and different colored eyes. Some even gave me frightened looks. I looked down, trying not to let it bother me, and tried to find a completely empty compartment. There were none, but there were quite a few with only one person already inside. I decided on a compartment with a blond haired girl who was reading alone.