James x Reader pt. 6

Okay, so here's what's going on. I'm not abandoning this story, and it's going to be finished, though, that definitely does NOT mean I'll ignore the Max x Reader until then. I just got info from a reader this morning, saying they'd want me to continue doing the Max-thing, so I'll be doing that as well. It'll work out. I'm going to set up a writing schedule soon!!! 😓 Thanks for listening.
-TheCherryJello
     James sat criss-cross applesauce in front of you as you tried to gather your thoughts into place. You thought you had it.
"So, you're...in love with me, and..you, are tired of traveling with Jessie and Meowth, and you'd rather sit in the trees with me, than deal with them?" You asked, your voice quivering. James snapped out of his staring-at-you. "Y/n, I think I have something serious with you, but I don't know how to say it, or what to do with it." His eye twitched out of frustration. You suddenly felt a wave of sympathy rush over you.
"James, it's okay to like someone. I think you just like me, and that's okay, but you can't let it drag you away from your friends." The wisdom poured out of you. James suddenly looked up, after a few minutes.
"You're right, y/n, I can't lose my team because of this. I hurt them so badly. I'm going back over there to apologize immediately!" He marched out, past the vines. He pushed the two green vines out of his way to take a glimpse out at his team and set things straight, but when he peeked out there, Jessie and Meowth were gone.