03

As we continued our way to meet up with Vern and Teddy I spotted a certain someone... Ace Merrill someone my sister constantly talked to. He was such an ass. 

" Oh God it's Ace " I gasped.

" Just ignore him " Chris said. I looked down trying not to make eye contact. We tried walking past him and Chris's older brother Eyeball but instead Ace snatched Gordie's hat.

" Hey! Come on man. My brother gave me that! " Gordie shouted jumping up to get it. 

" And now you're givin it too me " He argued with a cigarette in between his lips. 

" You're a real asshole you know that? " Chris grunted. 

" Your brothers not very polite, Eyeball " Ace handed Eyeball the hat  and dropped his smoke. 

" Now Christopher, I know you didn't mean to insult my friend "

" Are you not only blind but deaf Eyeball? Chris insulted Ace and he meant it " I spoke. 

" Oh yeah kid? " Ace asked.

" Yeah "

He threw Chris to the sidewalk. 

" Now did your little boyfriend mean it? " 

My eyes widen. " You scumbag! Let him go you're hurting him " 

" Yeah let him go! " Gordie joined.

Chris struggled trying to get out of Ace's tight grip. " You bastard! Let go man " 

" Take it back " he ordered this time lifting up the cigarette on the sidewalk holding it to his face. I panicked looking for something to hit him with finding an empty beer bottle, and then hitting it on Ace causing him to let go of Chris. 

" RUN! " I insisted. Chris jolted up and we bolted, Ace had stood up and Eyeball was gonna go after us.

" Just leave them... We'll get them when Wendy's little brat sister isn't there "

-

We had run all the way to go see Vern and Teddy and we started our journey. 

" Why do we need a pistol anyways? " Vern scrunched his face.

" Vern have you ever heard of ' the wild ' " I quizzed. 

" Well I guess I didn't think of that, but while Chris might have brought a pistol I brought a comb" 

" Why? "

" Well, if we get on TV we want to look good, don't we? "

" That's a lot of thinking Vern " Chris acted impressed.

" Thanks " 

Teddy threw his hand in front of Vern's face and Vern backed up " Two for flinching " Teddy punched him. 

We all stopped looking at the train tracks ahead of us. " How long from here to there " I asked Chris.

" Mm 20 miles, if we follow the tracks all the way to Harlow road, Sound right to you Gordie? "

" Yeah, it might even be 30 "

I was surprised and knew 20 - 30 miles away walking would take a day " That'll take a day if we have stops " 

Vern shook his head worried about all that walking " Gee maybe we should just hitchhike "

Everyone looked at him Teddy especially " No way that sucks "

Vern debated with Teddy telling him how much easier it would be it we hitchhiked until Teddy had the last word and then we all traveled down hill singing. 

" Have gun will travel "  our voices were in symphony.

Gordie stopped singing to say something " We have to fill up at the junkyard. My dad said its a safe well " 

Chris drank from his canteen and closed the lid " Not if Choppers there, if Choppers there we'll send you in " He looked at Vern. 

" Haha very funny " Vern told him.

" Hey I'm hungry who's got the food? " 

I sighed " Yeah and I'm thirsty Vern, I'm so stupid for forgetting a canteen, hey Gordie can I have some water "  

Chris handed me his water " You can have some of mine " I took a sip and gave it back.

" So where's the food? " Vern squeezed his question back in. 

" Oh shit, you're telling me no one brought food? " Teddy stopped.

No way I was sharing my candy bar so I acted like I didn't have food " Yeah you guys! No one brought food? " 

" Not me. Gordie? "

" Nope "

" Great. What are we gonna do eat our feet? " 

" Calm down Teddy I'm sure everyone brought money, Right Vern, Gordie and Chris? "

" Yeah Sandy's right let's count our money I got a dollar and two cents " Gordie handed me his money. 

" Okay that's good Gordie, I have two dollars and fifty three cents, " Chris handed me his change and we held each others hands for a second. His hands were soft, and warm but then he let go releasing his coins. " Sixty eight cents from Chris " Then Teddy, " Sixty cents from Teddy " and last Vern forked his change over " Vern... you brought seven cents? You added seven to all the money we brought "

Vern defended himself " I haven't found my pennies yet! " I rolled my eyes. 

" You're lucky I brought so much money, and four dollars and ninety cents isn't bad, plus that store is at the end of that small road  by the junkyard, we'll get food there. "

The train engine could be heard and Chris pointed it out " Train coming " we all left the train tracks standing on the side except for Teddy. 

I watched him " Teddy get over here " 

" No Sandy " he threw his sleeping bag " I'm gonna dodge it "

"  Come on you're crazy "

" Train dodge, dig it " The train's whistle blew coming faster and closer. 

" I said get off the tracks man! You're gonna kill yourself "

" Just like the beach of Normandy "

I had enough. " Get off the tracks dumb ass! " I shoved him and he pushed me to get off. I hit his back so hard he fell and I jumped off. I screamed at him well the whistle blew so loud as the train passed no one could hear me. 

Chris was angry with him too. " You son of a bitch Teddy! You tried too kill yourself Sandy saved your damn life so shut the hell up! " they gave each other blank stares. 

" I don't need your girlfriend too save me "

I was red both with anger and embarrassment. 

" She's not my girlfriend... " Teddy became silent and Chris calmed down breaking the silence.  " Skin it " 

" I could've dodged it " He went to get his sleeping bag but I threw him back so he could ' skin it ' with Chris.  " Peace, Skin it " Chris once again said. Teddy was convinced and agreed to do it. Thus ending what had just happened and then we started walking once again.

***

Hey guys I'm gonna try to finish this book before August ends sorry I didn't update all  summer. I 'm going to try to update again tonight. And this account is co - owned by two people so  we're working on a new book and it's gonna be named " Brooklyn "  have a good day / night / or morning :)