20:truth

"What do you mean your not human? You're my sister." Shiro said and I looked up at him to see doubt cloud his gaze. "Shiro, I'm not your sister. I'm not even from Earth." I said and Shiro took a small step back from me. I internally winced but decided that he needed to know the truth. "Over 10,000 years ago, there was a alien race. They were warriors. The Eriuste." I paused as Allura and Coran's eyes widened. "They were many and had controlled most of the universe before a plague wiped them out." I explained.

"So you're the last..." Pidge said and I nodded before continuing. "I was taken by the Galra and made into their weapon. They wiped my memory and created trigger words that would immediately make me compliant. Tortured me to complete obedience." I stopped for a second before pressing on.

"After a while I become so enthralled by the kill I didn't need the mind control. I was a killing machine." I said and Shiro frowned. "How did you get on earth?" He asked. "I actually don't know. But once there, ou-your parents found me." I smiled faintly. "So you're saying that I was lied to from the beginning?" Shiro asked. "I'm sorry Shiro. I'm so sorry." I said but the black paladin turned away before storming out.

"How have you survived 10,000 years? How are you not aged?" Pidge asked and I gulped. "I was cyro-frozen because, um, well, as I said, the Galra used me as a weapon." I prepared myself for the alteans' anger. "I was killed while assisting in the downfall of Altea." Que the gasps of shock. "You what?" Came Allura's voice, barely above a whisper. "I killed alteans for Zarkon. Including the queen of Altea, Kasuri." I said and felt a sudden pain in my chest as I was hit. I sat up to see that Coran had punched me across the training deck.

I deserved that.

"Who else." Everyone was surprised by the venom in Coran's voice. I trembled, afraid. "N-Nyfro." A growl. "I don't know the names of the rest. Over 200." I said. Lance and Keith held Coran back while I kneeled on the floor, not trying to defend myself.

"You-You killed my mother." Allura spoke and I felt tears blur my vision. "I did." I said, water dripping from my short hair. Allura'a light footsteps echoed down the hall, fleeing. I watched as Coran sent me a glare before chasing after Allura. Pidge stared before turned and leaving without a sound.

After the two were gone I waited in the silence for someone to explode. To attack me. Something. What I did not expect was warm arms wrapping around my cold, wet body. I tensed and looked up to see Hunk gazing down at me with sad eyes. Another pair of arms circled me and Keith's familiar warmth pressed against my side.

I took in a shaky breath before my watery eyes spilled over, running down my face and dripping onto the ground with insignificant drops.

"Echo," Lance's voice broke the silence. "You're not at fault here. That was 10,000 years ago. That's like, one thousand plus ten!" He said trying to lighten the mood and I smiled through my tears. "Lance, Hunk, Keith... I don't deserve any of you." I said and Hunk shushed me gently. 

"What you deserve is for us to decide. And we think you deserve the world." He said, standing up. I shivered at the suddenly cold and Lance gave me his jacket. It was wet but a kind gesture and I widened my eyes before Keith took it, laying it over my shoulders. "Now, let's get you to your room." Lance said and I walked to my room, surrounded by the three best people in the world.

I sighed when we reached my door and looked back at the three boys. "Why? You have every right to hate me right now, but you don't." I said, the last of my tears drying up. "Because we could never hate you." Hunk said and Keith brushed back my white stripe of hair before giving me a tender kiss on the cheek. "Well, I ain't kissing you but..." Lance leaned forward and hugged me tightly. "Allura is just sad. Coran is just mad. It'll pass." He assured but I found that hard to believe. "Thanks Lance." I said.

"I'll see you for dinner?" Hunk asked and I smiled half-heartedly. "I'll see what I can do." Keith said and brought me inside my room, the door shutting behind us. "Are you okay?" Keith asked, gently lifting my shirt to check my chest for a bruise.

"I'm fine Keith." I said, pulling my shirt back down. "Yeah, I'll believe you when your words agree with your eyes." Keith said. He waited outside the door while I changed into a dry black t-shirt and black leggings, putting the wet clothes in a corner. I called him back in and he wrapped me in a hug, kissing the top of my head. "You know, you're wrong." He said into my hair and I frowned, looking up at him. "I'm always wrong, you are going to have to be more specific." I said.

"You're wrong about yourself. In your fear simulation, the voice called you weak, hopeless. You're quiet the opposite." Keith said and I sat on my bed, silently crossing my feet under me. "You're strong. Strong enough to bond with the White Lion. Strong enough to be a paladin of Voltron. Snow chose you to be her pilot, she didn't want anyone else but you." Keith approached me, his eyes staring into mine. I sighed before messily putting my hair up in a small ponytail.

"Well, it's now or never." I said and followed Keith down the halls into the kitchen. "Echo, first I want to say how glad I am that you decided to come and eat. Second, when was the last time you ate?" Hunk asked and I paused. "Uh, a long time ago." I said, aiming to eat then get out of the kitchen before any of the alteans got there. Sadly, the universe was not on my side. "Hunk?" Allura's voice called and I froze. "Hey Allura I'm in here!" Hunk replied, getting some food out of a refrigerator-looking thing.

I glanced at Keith who looked back at me. "I'm, bye Hunk I'm just gonna..." I turned around quickly just to run smack into Allura. The princess looked shocked for a second before narrowing her eyes. "Murderer." Allura said and I stepped back. "If it make you feel better I was killed by your father." I said, feeling guilty for existing at the moment. "Good." Allura hissed before pushing past me. I flinched and Keith lead me out. "So, Allura and Coran really hate me." I mumbled and Keith just patted my head.

I brushed his hand away and walked back to my room, wanting to relieve some stress. "Hey Keith, I want to be along for a bit. Okay?" I asked and the red paladin frowned. "But-" I cut him off. "Please?" Keith sighed. "Fine, but call me if you need anything." He said and I nodded before entering my room. Once the door was closed firmly I leaned against it for a moment before standing again.

I grabbed my sketchbook before sitting on my bed and simply drawing. It had been forever since I touched the paper. My pencil flew across the paper and before I knew it, I had drawn all of the paladins in a group, smiling and laughing. I let the corners of my mouth lift a bit and absentmindedly added simple cat ears to each person. There. Family.

-----------------------

Sorry whoever reads this but I might discontinue it. I haven't decided yet but just warning you.

-Jason Todd.