vii. The Inconveniencing

Y/n's pov

Today was like any other day. We woke up, went to the Shack, and hung out. Only this time I was "working." Ha, never thought I'd say that.

Dipper was sitting by Mabel reading his journal, like always. Mabel was spinning around on the giant globe we had while Wendy and I stood leaning against the desk reading a magazine about some store being shut down awhile back by some murder.

"Soos, Wendy, Y/n." Grunkle Stan said entering the Shack in his mystery man outfit. Soos came running over and Wendy didn't look up from her magazine.

"Grunkle Stan." I said as I took a bow.

"I'm heading out, you three are going to wash the bathrooms right?"

"Yes sir." Soos said while saluting to Grunkle Stan.

"Absolutely not." Wendy copied Soos's actions.

I just turned and walked away.

Should I have asked for this job?

"Haha, stay out of trouble." Grunkle Stan chuckled, messing up my hair.

When Grunkle Stan was out of sight Wendy turned around and walked near the back of the store. "Hey guys. What's this? Secret ladder to the roof?" She walked over to this curtain and revealed a latter.

I like you even more now Wendy.

"A new secret hiding place from Grunkle Stan? Count me in." I️ smirked. Dipper joined my side.

"Uh I don't think Mr. Pines would like that." Soos said, hanging his head down and avoiding eye contact.

"Uh." Wendy poked his stomach.

Soos leaned back, confused. "Uh"

"Uh"

"Your freaking me out dude!" Soos exclaimed as he pointed at Wendy accusingly.

Poor Soos I feel like he gets picked on all the time. He's lucky to have Wendy as a friend-employee.

"Can we actually go up there?" Dipper asked, his voice cracking a bit which made me laugh.

Wendy was already up the ladder. "Sure we can. Roof time! Roof time!" She started cheering.

"Roof time. Roof time!" Me, Dip, and Mabel joined as we started up the ladder. Soos stayed behind though, he needs to learn to let loose sometimes, Grunkle Stan isn't even here.

I️ have to admit this is cooler than I thought. "Wow, cool. Did you put all this stuff up here?" Mabel asked, opening and closing the cooler lid for the fun of it.

There sat a red and white umbrella chilling over a chair with a cooler next to it and a bucket full of pinecones. Out in the totem pool I saw a target taped to one of the heads.

"I may or may not sneak up here during work, all the time everyday." Wendy said, picking up a pinecone and threw it at the target which landed right in the bullseye, which I copied but over threw it and hit the head above it. Mabel missed by a mile and Dipper hit a car, nice shot.