Rise Of A Hero - Part 1

A/N: I honestly feel as if this isn't my best work but hey, I tried. I hope you enjoy. Also the intro to this song makes me laugh every time.
-------------------
Chrileon placed the broom up against the wooden panelled walls. He watched it carefully to make sure it wouldn't fall down, and upon realising that it was unlikely to fall, he breathed a sigh of relief.
"I've done my chores." He hollered out to his mother, who was tending to her small garden.. "I want to go play now. Can I, please?"
"Yes, Chrileon. Please be back before it's evening." His mother replied. The house was small. It wasn't hard to hear his mother's response. The blond-haired boy grabbed his coat - just in case - and promised his mother that, yes, he will be back before evening.

The village in which the young boy resided in was small. There weren't very many children his age - times were tough, and it wasn't the best time to raise children - so he often played by himself. Sometimes he longed for other children to play with, but he understood the circumstances the best way any eight-year-old would. Besides, he liked to act out the tales that his father told him about. They were known as the Ancient Prophecies. They were once proclaimed as true, in old riddles and unknown languages, but not many believed in them anymore.

This time, though, Chrileon's curiosity got the better of him. His mother told him to never go into the forest, and her stern voice echoed through his mind over and over again. He wanted to discover the forest that seemed so forbidden. The mysterious feeling of the forest only sparked his curiosity more. What could be so wrong? The boy thought as he made his way into the tunnel of trees before him, pretending that he was on the hunt for a mystical kingdom.

Chrileon spent hours playing pretend. He lost track of time and, before he knew it, it was dark. Too dark for him to find a way out, he feared. His heart pounded in fear and worry as raindrops began to fall around him. Thunder roared quietly as he tried to remember the way in which he came, the way back to the village. Surely, his mother would be petrified by now. She would be sick to her stomach with worry. Chrileon suddenly felt guilty - it hit him like a punch to the gut.
You have to be brave, He thought as he tried to find a shady spot to sleep. The rain got faster, and before he knew it, the dirt beneath his feet was mud. Would it be possible to sleep in a tree? The trees that he saw earlier had large, strong branches. They didn't provide much shade, but if he could climb to find a branch, they would provide a better sleeping spot than mud.

Chrileon soon found a tree and climbed up to a branch strong enough to hold the boy's weight. It wasn't the least bit comfortable, but it was better than nothing. He wrapped his arms around the branch, he decided to call it a night. He would simply have to apologise to his mother tomorrow and face the consequences.