10

Doing all the stuff for Ethan yesterday made my heart so happy

Doing all the stuff for Ethan yesterday made my heart so happy. After hearing everything he went through as a child I wanted to create him somewhere he can feel safe and happy. Somewhere he can call home, even if it's just for a little while. I wanted to get him the jeep so he can have a way of going rather than having to have someone to drive him. Plus it will be easier for him to get to and from work and school.

As I stand here and make breakfast, I can't help but to think about how my dad will react when I confront him. Ethan is staying with Wesley until my parents leave. Hopefully they won't be here long.

"Bailey, we missed so much!" My mother hugs me.

"Missed you too." I mumble.

We all sit and talk for a while and they question me about school.

Once I gather up enough courage, dad and I go into his study.

"What's this about, Bailey?" He asks. "Are you in some kind of trouble?"

I lay the pictures of him Ethan gave me on his desk.

"No, dad, you are." I frown.

His eyes sadden. "Where did you get these?"

I shrug. "It doesn't matter."

"Have you told your mother?"

I shake my head. "No dad. That's between you and mom. But you have to stop."

He grabs my hand gently. "I know sweetheart. I'm trying my damnedest. I've been quit for over 2 weeks now. I never meant to let it get this out of control."

"Please, promise me you'll stop."

"I promise." He stands and hugs me tightly. "I love you so much Bailey."

"I love you too dad." I wipe a tear from my eye. "We have one more thing to discuss, though."