2

Nico Hiraga

three months later

I just woke up. I roll over onto my back and stretch after a good night's sleep. It's the best I've slept since that day. I reach over to my night stand and retrieve my phone. I turn my phone on to see I have a text from Koda.

Koda: Hey remember skatepark around 11:30 imma pick your ass up

Shit. I forgot all about that and it's already almost 11:30. I get out of bed throw my phone on my bed and go take a quick shower.As I'm putting on my pants my phone starts ringing. I reach over to grab it and I trip on my pant leg and fall to the floor.

"Fucking shit."

I reach up to my bed and feel around for my phone and grab it still laying on the floor and answer.

"Hello?" I say with an annoyed tone.

"Well someone's just little miss sunshine today isn't he? I just wanted to tell you that ill be there in an hour to pick you up. Ill honk when I'm outside."

"Alright cool"

As I'm about to hang up he stops me. "Wait!" He yells. "Yes Koda?"

"I forgot to tell you that Crystal,Tavia and Gabe want to meet up with us there and hang out. Is that okay with you?".

I smile "yeah totally, I miss there goofy asses anyways. And plus I get to see Tavia ." I say.

"Jesus Christ Nico you two need to get together already. It's killing me." He says annoyed. "Well go finish getting ready doll, imma see ya inna few."

"See ya." I hang up and get off the floor, finish putting my pants on I go grab my blue golfwang shirt. When I'm done I walk over to my mirror.

"Damn I look pretty hot if I do say so myself." I laugh.I start doing poses and being an idiot and but it's cut short when I hear Koda outside honking.

"Sup bro" I say and give Koda a bro hug.

"Hey just to make it easier I told them to meet us at the mall just because it'll be weird just them you know sitting there"

When we get to the mall we find the closest parking spot and walk to where the They were waiting. I haven't had the chance to hang out with them for months because of how busy they've been.

Not paying attention to anything around me I run up behind Crystal and squeeze her to death picking her up off the ground. She started kicking his legs and I put her down gaining a chuckle from everyone.

"What's up little sis?" I say messing up her soft black hair. "Nothing gorilla arms. And I thought told you to stop picking me up like that, it makes me feel small."

"Aw poor baby. I'm sorry little one." I say teasing her.I turn to my right to where Gabe is standing.

"Why hello there tall, dark, and extremely handsome." I flash a smile and looking him up and down. "Oh stop. Come here beautiful." He smiles back and grabs my upper arm pulling me into a warm embrace.

Gabe and I had been best friends since middle school were always acting gay towards each other.

I turn to the left. "Tavia." I say to her giving her a devilish smile.

"Nicholas." She says back grinning. I open my
arms and she jumps up wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. She presses her forehead against mine and gives me that signature smile of her.

"I missed you." She whispered. "I missed you too baby girl." I whisper back kissing her forehead.

Tavia was the first person I went to after the whole thing with Violet. She was so caring and listened to everything I had to say. She's such a sweetheart and I can honestly say I love her.

I gently put her back down and pull her back in for another hug. As we're hugging I hear someone clear they're throat. I look to where it came from. My heart drops to the ground and my stomach knots. It was Violet.

"Are you guys done with your little love fest so we can go?" She says furrowing her eyebrows, jaw clenched, clearly annoyed.

A lump forms in my throat and my chest tightens. Is she jealous? I look her in the eyes and lock arms with Tavia.

"Yeah come let's go." And walk towards the door. We walk through the doors and start walking towards The food court.

"I um , I gotta go to bathroom real quick." I Say quickly , choking a bit. I grab Kodas arm and pull him into the bathroom with me. I pin him against the wall and hold him by his shirt getting in his face.

"What the actual fuck Koda! Why didn't you fucking tell me she was coming!" I yell in his face."Because I knew if I told you you wouldn't of came! I'm sorry neeks ..."

I look down at the ground tears forming and released his shirt from my grip. I lean on the wall next to him and slid down the wall.

"God,I'm not ready for this, I'm still not over her."

"I'm sorry Nico.." he says looking at me sympathetically.

"You can go , ill be out in a minute." I say calming myself down. "Okay... we'll be by in and out", just meet us there." He walks out of the bathroom leaving me there alone.

I'm not ready for this yet. I sit looking at the ceiling for awhile. I finally stood up going over to the mirror. And washed my face then walk to the door. I reach for the handle and pause. I take a deep breath and open it. Here goes nothing.