Part 14

sachi mohabbat shayad wohi hai
jismy junoon hai, jismy junoon hai,
par do dilon ki yaari mein bhi tou
kitna sakoon hai, kitna sakoon hai

• • •

Shivaay's Pov

from Petite:

I won't. Goodnight :)
01.38am

If my brothers knew how much I liked her, they'd call me names like "whipped". I chuckled how idiotic all this was.

I was crushing on a girl I had no chances with. But it wasn't my fault. That's just the way feelings are. You don't get to choose whom you like.

All these emotions can be confusing and frustrating sometimes. The person you like might not like you, can be already engaged with someone else or they might not care about you.

There are all kinds of heartbreaks and all of them hurt in a different way. Love is a beautiful thing but there's no doubt that it can drive you crazy.

I was on my balcony, looking at the full moon. The moon was so beautiful with its flaws. And all those stars, they were never enough for the sky.

"What are you thinking about?", mom sneaked up at me. I looked at her.

"Nothing", I replied and looked down now.

"You always look down when you lie", she laughed. It was true and I had forgotten it, damn it.

"There's this girl I like but she doesn't like me", I told her.

"Lady problems, huh?", she teased me and pinched my cheeks. I massaged them and glared at her.

"Just because she doesn't like you yet, does not mean she never will", mom shrugged her shoulders. I don't know if that helped.

"She's my patient", my voice came out really low, mom looked at me. Her eyes were wide open but then went back to normal.

"So?", she asked me. It was her turn to gaze at the sky.

"You don't have any problem with it?", I asked her, a bit shocked.

"The last time I checked, I wasn't judging mental, Shivaay", she sounded a bit mad.

"I don't know why I thought you'd have a problem with it", I whispered and shook my head.

"We all have problems. She just has a lot and needs help with them", mom looked at me.

"I expect you to help her and make her like you", she ordered.

"Ayi ayi captain", I chuckled and she slapped my head lightly.

The next morning we were all having breakfast when I noticed someone else sitting at the dining table too. It was Malika. She was my childhood friend.

Malika left India two years ago for her higher studies. It was a huge shock seeing her back because she had told me she didn't want to come back.

"Mali, why didn't you tell me?", I shouted at her and picked her up, pulling her into a bone-crushing hug.

Malika started shouting for help. Mom and Dadi started laughing. It felt so good to see your best friend after an eternity.

"It was a surprise, dumb head", she rolled her eyes at me and sat down to eat her breakfast.

"So, what are your plans?", I asked her curiously. I was so excited to hang out with her.

"Not much. I'm moving in with you guys because I'm here for just 4 months and I want to spend my time mostly with you three idiots", she took a bite from her sandwich.

"Well, it's your home", I told her while taking a sip from my coffee.

"I know, no need to tell me", she smirked and took another bite. I rolled my eyes.

After having breakfast, I was about to leave for my first therapy session. But I had lost the keys to the room.

"Why don't you cancel the sessions?", Malika suggested.

"Can't. All my sessions and patients are important", I told her while searching for the keys. Malika sighed and took them out from her pocket.

"What the hell, Mali", I glared at. She looked at me apologetically.

"I just wanted to spend some time with you", she sounded sad and I could understand.

"I'm sorry, what about I take you with me tomorrow. You just rest today, okay?", I asked her. She seemed convinced about it.

Once I reached my clinic, I looked at the schedule. Anika's session was tomorrow. This time the session would take place in the room, because I wanted to go deeper in her trauma.

It was going to be difficult and I was planning to take it slow. But we had to start, so I somehow knew about her past.

Shirley had called me today morning and told me how Anika asked her to hangout two days ago. Anika was making progress. I had to make sure to not screw it up tomorrow otherwise we would go back to step 1.
_______________________________________

We all stan a healing queen!

Amna xx