☆ Chapter 1 ○ Green ☆

Cass first met the boy at age 8, when the Winchester home had finally given up. The old house was now ruined and black after the fire. They still lived there, but Cass wondered why. Dean had been looking out of the window blankly when Cass had ambled wearily past, accompanied by his dog and cousin Lauren. Cass made eye contact and the world seemed...wrong. His eyes were a violent shade of green, smile so blinding Cass had to shield his eyes with his hand. It was the sort of smile you would see and feel an overwhelming connection with. Lauren dragged him away to pet another dog, but Cass just couldn't forget the image of the boy in the window. 

The day passed strangely, all twists and turns followed by snaps and clicks, but the only thing floating around Cass's brain was Green. The colour of Dean's eyes swirling like a sea breeze—jerking up before plummeting, the colour of the night a woman finds her husband in bed with another, the colour of a million fireflies changing their mind, the colour of broken toys left in a heap. 

And most of all: Cass' favourite colour. 

He'd asked his older brother, Gabriel if he could paint his room green, to which he'd replied,

"Yeah I guess, What colour would you like?"

Cass's 8 year old mind couldn't put into words what that beautifully perfect shade was, so he changed his mind and asked for Duck egg blue, the colour of the Winchester's house. Gabriel had been confused to say the least, the last few days had been strange without Dad, but Cass had been dazed and kept drawing the same damn eyes. It was just, strange. The others hadn't picked up on it yet, as they payed little to no attention to Cass; Cass was happy on his own world though, where the colour green was everywhere he looked, dusted with duck egg blue.