19

#countmein... part 19 by Juliet Jackson

     Pierre finish packing Lucky's apartment, and moved her into the new headquarters before he left town. She volunteered to take him to the airport, and to pick him up in two days.
     "Why Utah?"
     "Sweetheart, it's just two days. Don't worry." Pierre kissed Lucky on the forehead, and boarded the plane.
      I'm really gone have to step my game up. I can't be having him taking care of me, and feel like it's okay. Cause when they do that they think they own you. Lucky got back in her Pontiac, and headed home.
     Minutes later she was back unpacking her belongs, and hanging pictures. She went to bed early seeing that she had nothing else to do. The early knock on the door woke her.
     "Who is it?" Lucky yelled. "Aye, Roderick don't leave here no more." She spoke snatching the door open.
     "Excuse me ma'am? But, I'm with Ben's Logo, and Signing. We were instructed to come to apartment A1 for instruction on where to put the new signing of this new place."
     "Oh, well let me put my shoes on."
     Lucky smiled like a brand new Barbie doll. Oh my goodness. He trust me enough to help him with this place. Lucky thought to herself, as she put her slid ins on and walked out the door.
     "This spot around the corner probably be best. There's more traffic, then the other side where people just walk the carb.
     "I gotcha ma'am. It shouldn't take us no more then a hour."
     Lucky looked confused walking back to her apartment. That don't make sense. She begin to think. He still has the sign on the other side that says Shallow Homes, but that sign read Bordello Homes. I wonder why he changed the name. She just shrugged her shoulders, and started to get dressed.
     Since she was done in a split second. She went over a couple apartments down to the Downing residents F5.
     "Hey, Reese. Do you know why the new owner changed the name of the apartments?" Lucky sat in the empty chair on the porch.
     "Whatever Lucky, don't play like you don't know what's going on." Reese gave Lucky the side eye.
     "No, real talk. I have no clue. That's why I came down here. I moved to the main office. Y'all moved all the way to the end on F4, Dante, on G6. Theirs nobody on B2, C3, D4. I mean, tell me." Lucky throw her hands up in the air.
     "Pierre can to our apartment, very rude. I may add, and told us we had two choices. One we could move down here, or two he was going up 100 more dollars on our rent." Reese attitude became more aggressive. "He asked us to move in general, but like I told my husband. Who is he to put us out. I've never missed a payment, so I wasn't going no where."
     "Okay, that still don't explain the sign change."
     "Bye, Lucky. Get off my porch, like you don't know what Bordello mean." Reese started laughing. "You probably the ring leader."
     Reese went back in her apartment, and slapped the door.
     What did I do to her. I'm the ring leader of what? This lady crazy. Lucky went back into her apartment, and pulled out her laptop. She first check her Facebook page, given that she had a couple missed messages. Her mind drifted until the guy knocked on the door again.
     "Okay ma'am, I changed the one on the backside, and put that one up in the front like you suggested. Here's the invoice. Thank you for your time."
     Lucky looked at the invoice that totaled 807.10. Two sign changes, and work time.
     You know what let me look this up. Lucky said to herself as she hit the search bottom she typed in Bordello and the engine spun. Waiting for her results to pull up her phone started ringing.
     "Hello,"
     "Hey, I got the email about the sign change. I just landed back in Philadelphia. It was a day shorter then expected. Are you to busy to come get me? Oh, and I have something for you. So, we need to make a stop on our way back to your place."
     "Pierre I though..? Never mind, I'm on my way."
      Lucky pushed her laptop down, and jumped in her car. The airport was about a hour in a half from her place, give or take traffic. She gassed up, and headed straight that way. The music gave her the energy she needed, and in no time she was there. Pulling into the arrive zone she didn't see Pierre nowhere. She sent him a quick text that read: I'm here. In minutes he replied: I'm across the street.
     Lucky made the circle out of the airport, but wondered why would he be at a dealership. Not asking any questions, she pulled up to Pierre outside.
     "Hey baby, it's so good to see you." Pierre hugged Lucky tight, as she did the same.
     "It's only been one day Pierre." She laughed.
     "Yeah. But, I've been with you ten days straight. Give or take some days." Lucky just laughed. "What are you doing over here."
     "Here," he handed her a set of keys. These are to your new car."
     "My new car?"
     "Yeah, no girl of mine will be riding around in this Pontiac."
     Lucky jumped into the 2017 all black charger. "This ain't mine. This can't be mine." She grinned big.
     Pierre smiled at her excitement. "Here, lets take it for a spin."
     They both got in the car, and headed down the highway.
     "Pierre, you are to much. But, I can't afford this."
     "But, I can. You are mine now, and anything that's mine gets spoiled. Besides, the paperwork is done. How about we just say it's your 12 day celebration of being clean."
      Lucky smiled, "are you sure?"
     "As, sure as they come."
     She pulled back in the dealership, as Pierre shook the hand of the sales man, and he drove off in Lucky's car, as she in the charger.