Chapter 1 - MISSION 9999 - Militia

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?"

"YES SIR!"

Footprints hid the sounds of the dropship's engine. Until...

"FIRE!"

Like a shockwave, the cries of battle flew across the field, deafening soldiers. Sparks of bullets dashed to the sides, bodies hitting the ground like rain smacking against a window.

"Sir, casulties are growing, should we release the pilots?" blurted out a grunt, panting.

"Fine, this mission has grown out of control..." replied the captain with angst.

Immediately, dropships zoomed to the battlefield with reinforcements and pilots. They ran across the ground as if they were gliding. Soon enough, what felt like a simple elimination mission became a full on battle. Grenades exploded with shrapnel as grunts screamed in agony. Pilots soon began to drop on the floor as more steadily jumped into battle like a slipstream. But then, like a meteor, titans crushed the ground and a few grunts with it. Before they knew it, lasers flashed across the field as rockets throttled towards other titans. Unfortunately, the IMC triumphed and celebrated as the Militia retreated. But this time, the IMC weren't allowing any get-aways as they clashed against the dropships that attempted to evacuate the Milita. Inside, the sound of alarms ricocheted of the wall into their ears. Sparks of electricity hit the floor and wires flung out like a boomerang. Only a quarter of the Milita had been evacuated but they knew it was too late for the rest. In panic, they aimed the ships upward and began hyper-space travel. The engines roared as the boosters lit up with napalm. Cries for help pierced the ship like a sword through cloth. They couldn't stop now. Like rockets, they surged into the sky before they couldn't be seen. This failiure was a hard loss. Now, if the next mission failed, they would have a full attack on their home world.