|A Big Day

Scene Selection:
A Big Day

Tomlinson residence.
May 4th, 2012
2:32 pm

"Hello sir, how are you today? Thanks so much for allowing us to film this interview with you," A middle aged man stated professionally as he shook Mark Tomlinson's hand.

The badge on his chest pocket labeled him Sean, and he seemed to be too professional for Mark's liking, but he sucked it up because it was only one interview with the said man.

"I'm great, thanks; and it's no problem at all. We've always known that someone was going to be knocking on our doors," Mark smiled as he allowed the team inside his home, having them set up in the living room while he went to retrieve beverages and small hors d'oeuvres from the refrigerator in the kitchen.

As soon as he returned to set the tray of mugs- filled with tea - and a platter of sushi rolls on the coffee table, the film crew had already set up for the most part, now only readjusting the camera settings to fit onto the small, projector screen.

"Is there anything else I can get for you before we start? Some napkins perhaps," Mark offered as he clasped his hands together subconsciously, his gaze flittering from the camera crew to the interviewer.

Sean shook his head, declining. "No thanks, Sir, we don't want to waste anymore of your time than needed."

Mark nodded, agreeing, although hesitantly. The man felt like he had forgotten something. "Alright then," he mumbled as he took a seat on his leather couch, Sean sitting opposite of him with his note cards in hand.

The interviewer cleared his throat, suddenly losing his professionalism for a split second; however, after giving an awkward cough, Sean corrected himself.

"Let's begin, shall we?"

•••

Sea: "Obviously you've known (Louis) for a long time, and consider him as your own. What was it like raising him as a child? And did it affect your relationship with his mother at all?"

Mar: "Helping Johanna raise Lou was the best part of our relationship, I think. Being a single parent is tough, and she's done a wonderful job both before and after we split; but being there for them definitely helped. I remember countless nights-- when we were dating-- that she had called me over to help settle the little squirt when he'd refuse to sleep."

Sea: "What'd you have to do to get a young Louis to sleep?"

Mar: "It depends on whether if he had a nightmare or was just being stubborn. Lou used to be scared of the quietness (of the house) itself for the longest of times, and there always had to be a tv on, or a radio playing somewhere. If none of those would bring him to sleep, I'd have to sing a song myself to scare all of the imaginary monsters out from underneath his bed because every child has those too."

Sea: "Aw, so you were like his childhood hero. I suppose you helped partake in punishments though too, right? So how does that affect the way that Louis looks up to you?"

Mar: "Of course! He's my stepson, and as far as I know, he looks up to me as his dad. When he'd get too much out of hand, I'd always ask his mum first before taking matters into my own hands. There isn't a corner in (Jay's) house without Louis' name written all over it."