09

DAY 9
awkward...

   The lights in the bedroom turn on, immediately waking me from my slumber from the intensity. Rolling over in the bed, I nuzzle my head further into the pillow, pulling the covers higher on my body. I notice that Jemma isn't sleeping next to me, which makes me sit up a little, glancing around the bedroom.
Thanks for the lights, it's visible that everyone's already up, leaving me as the last one in bed. As the door swings open, I turn to see who it is, when I see Jordan walking in with his head down, looking a little gloomy.

"Hiya Jord, you okay?" I question as I yawn, waking up slowly.

Jordan glances over, smiling weakly at me as he runs a hand through his hair. He doesn't say anything, he only walks over to his bed, making it for a change until it's all tidy. I keep watching him as he hesitates before everything he does, when he finally breaks down, his head in his hands.
Sitting up in the bed, I kick my legs over the side, pushing myself off of the bed until I'm standing on my feet. As I quickly pull on a pair of shorts, I don't bother to cover my bra as I walk over to Jordan.

"Come here," I gently speak to him, as I wrap my arms around his neck.

He slowly closes his arms around my waist as he relaxes into me. We hug for a while, as he just stays silent, the only thing audible is our breathing.
Eventually he pulls back, smiling weakly again. Taking his hand in mine, I guide him over to my bed, sitting him down as I cross my legs opposite him, pulling the duvet over my upper torso.

"Sorry it's just last night..." he trails off with a sigh. "Sarah made me feel like my energy and happiness was a negative thing, so I confronted her yesterday, and, well..."

I rest my hand on his knee, tilting my head. "What happened after that?" I ask gently, my voice calm.

"Jemma went in and just made it so much worse," he shakes his head. "Sarah called her a slag, then Jemma mentioned that Sarah had an addiction — but it's just that all of that was unnecessary," he sighs, clenching his jaw.

I nod my head, before pulling him into another hug. "Because you're happy in here doesn't mean you're happy in the outside. I'm sure she didn't mean it in a nasty way, but I understand why you took that the way you did," I smile at him, rubbing his arms as we pull away.

He stays silent so I talk again. "And Jemma shouldn't have said anything, and both of them are in the wrong for what they said to each other. Don't think that it's your fault," I kiss his cheek before we get up and head into the living room.

Before doing so, I quickly run over to Sam's bed, picking up one of his jumpers. As I turn back and head to Jordan, I notice him raising an eyebrow at me.

"What? Boys jumpers are so much comfier," I grin. "Plus Sam's clothes smell nice," we bleh then chuckle before exiting the room.

* * *

As I join Paul out in the garden, I notice Sarah on her own further down. I turn to Paul with concern, raising my eyebrows.

   "Should I go and talk to her?" I ask him, glancing back at her.

Paul shrugs. "She said last night that she feels excluded from the group — the younger ones and the older ones," he informs me. "You had an argument, but you apologised, so I don't see the harm?" He tilts his head.