Chapter 4

t's been three days since I saved Tweek from Stark's Pond.It's been two days since I recovered from Hypothermia.It's been one day since Clyde and Bebe got back together again, and that strangely irked memore than usual.Today, It's been half an hour since I've been waiting for Tweek to open his eyes.

 *.*.*.*.* 

Two Hours Ago

 *.*.*.*.*

 I was bundled up in layers of shirts and jackets.I looked like Cartman.Well, not really, but you get the picture.I've been waddling around school like this all day. I'm not about to risk getting sick again, nomatter how much people make fun of me.Besides, I already beat up Stan in this very same outfit this morning.My eyes land on Clyde, who was occupied with Bebe.She was giggling, and twirling her frizzy blonde hair through her finger. A light blush dustedClyde's cheeks. 

Clyde said something I couldn't hear, and tried to lean back against the school building wall.He miscalculated how far away he was and ended up falling straight into the snow. Bebe waslaughing now, eyes full of mischief and sparkling amusement. She leaned over Clyde, andpulled him to his feet. Clyde was beet red, and embarrassed, but Bebe just smiled and dustedthe snow out of his brown locks.

 I turned away from them, a pang of something akin to jealousy hitting my chest. I was startledby it for a moment. 'It's not like I even like Bebe,' I think to myself. 'So what the hell am I jealousabout?'Suddenly, Craig is at my side now, "Call you later, Bebe!" he shouts after the girl. She smilesand waves goodbye.

 "Alright, you ready to go?" He asks.

I nod my head. We trudge through dirtied snow, watchingour feet as we walked.

 Eventually, we reach his beat up car, and I slip into the passenger side."You know Craig, you don't have to do this" Clyde says, carelessly backing out of the schoolparking lot.Although he's had his license for almost a year now, driving with Clyde was always a scaryexperience. I gripped the seat hard, and paused at his comment.

 "I mean, I don't have to technically go visit Twitchy-" I stop abruptly, and sigh. Might as well usehis real name now, "I mean Tweek," I correct myself, "- But that doesn't mean i'm not gonna justcheck up real quick. He almost died you know. He could have drowned- no, he would havedrowned to death if I hadn't jumped in to save his ass."

 Clyde stares at me hard, and for a second I feel heat rise up to my cheeks. He looks awaybefore I really start blushing."You just talked to me more in that sentence then you have all year," Clyde chuckles. "I guessthe hypothermia messed with your brain or something. Makin' you show emotions and shit-" Hescoffs, though more in a playful way.

 "Maybe thats a good thing." He shrugs, and switches on some crappy pop song on the radio.The drive passed quietly, and I stared out the window.Occasionally, I'd take a quick glance at Clyde, but he was too focused on driving, and singingalong to some horrible song that was playing to notice.I was okay with that.I stared out the window a little longer, watching the green of the trees and plants blend togetherwith the white of the snow, and the soft blue sky.It was peaceful, listening to soft hums and watching the serene landscape mix.I can understand why Bebe would like a guy like him.I expertly ignored that thought.I lit up a cigarette.

*.*.*.*.*.*.* 

"Man, I'll just drop you off here." Clyde says. We had finally arrived to the entrance of thehospital, after a mostly okay ride.(I mean, it was Clyde. 'Mostly okay' was the best you got.)"I need to get some shit done back home. You'll be okay?" he inquires.'Not really,' I think to myself. I nod anyway. Clyde would have been my only ride home but I'lljust call Token or something to pick me up.Too bad I literally failed my drivers test three times in a row. Those were some scary times. Iwasn't nearly as bad as Clyde, though truthfully I just had trouble with directions and I couldn'tsee very well. I've literally refused to get my eyes checked. No way I was going to look dorky insome glasses. I'd have to kick more people's asses then I was really feeling up to, just to prove Iwasn't some nerd.