Chapter Sixteen

January—Cannes

They do not even last a week without each other. A week before she opens the door of her flat and sees him leaning in the frame, drunk and disheveled with his eyes scorching down her body.

"What are you doing here?" She can only breathe the words out. Any louder feels like turning a switch.

His eyes come back up, all the liquid given way to pure gas flames, "I want sex."

Maeva feels the pink crawl up from her toes to her cheeks. Feels her eyes go round.

"What? It's five in the morning, how drunk—"

"I'm not here for a therapy trip, Maeva," he growls, "do you want to fuck, or not?"

She barely considers before she tugs him inside, making the end of her week without him. A week before their kisses burst with teeth and moans and all the anger from the morning he had left her.

Corin drops her on the bed and rips her nightgown down the middle, whispering, "it's all your fault, Maeva, all your fucking fault." He forms the words against the edge of her panties, "you weren't supposed to do this."

"Do what?"

He groans, "wreck me."

* * *

It is two weeks before she breaks and comes to him. One week after he had left her in her bed with a bitter laugh and a heartbreaking kiss. She is much soberer, just as gorgeous, knocking on his back door in red lipstick and heels that beg to be fucked in. Corin looks up from his piano, and almost doesn't let her in. But he is weak, and she is everything, and it is drizzling, sticking her black hair to her rosy lower lip.

He opens the door and that mouth is on his, on his jaw, his throat. She mumbles about him wanting her, he groans her name back. There is nothing else he could ever want.

His back hits the piano, her knees hit the floor, and he tugs her hair as she wraps her lips around him. No condom, but he can't bring himself to care about anything more than her tongue. When Corin finally looks down at her, he finds her holding him by the cock in one hand, and looking closely, could swear she holds his heart in the other.

__________________________________

A/N: Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts--please comment!

Song Credits: None