Chapter 1

It was a spectacle as GUN agents and specialists surrounded the scene, well what was left of it at least. They were pulling two figures in black mysterious armor out of a massive wreckage, whatever they were flying was no more. Twisted metal was what remained, but what interested these people was the fact that both the people dragged out were intact. The armored comatose state pilots were evacuated directly to GUN HQ, they had to keep this on the down low. As soon as the subjects entered the labs the scientists and engineers went right to work, doing anything to at least damage the plating enough to remove. The armor didn't even scratch which received frustrated murmurs, they needed to find out what was in that armor. A week later they made zero progress, until someone saw one of the supposed ‘robots’ move its hand.

Shadow the hedgehog was utterly confused and displeased as he walked into the extra busy building, “What happened here? It's never this hectic.”

“Probably because of the ‘creatures’ they found last week,” Rouge speculated, “I heard that they saw one start moving.”

“More than likely they won't tell us where they're being held.”

Rouge scoffed, “Of course they wouldn't. You know how they are, but I think we’ll find out sooner than later.”

Later that night, it was nearly midnight. Rouge flew stealthily and silently through the halls of the top secret underground portion of the building, hellbent on finding whatever these scientists found.

“Gotta be somewhere,” She dove out of sight as a guard passes by with a loaded assault rifle.

Unbeknownst to anyone, one of the ‘robots’ had risen from his bed. The other had gotten up as well. The two were actually different. One had a skull design scratched into the visor of his helmet, the other seemed to have a mechanical tail. The moment they passed the threshold of the medical bay door an alarm blared, despite the panic that seemed to fill the air they began a painfully slow walk down the hall. Rouge snapped to attention and hid in a vent as the thunderous sound of boots clicking against the metallic floor, she decided to bail. I'm not getting shot, She thought as she double timed her way out of the compound. The one with the mechanical tail cover pushed something on his wrist and the two vanished just as the soldiers lined up their guns, it left them scratching their heads.

Shadow glanced over at Rouge as she squeezed out an exhaust vent, “They're gone. The pilots are gone.”