Chapter 3 - Thomas & Toby

I woke up, expecting to be back at home in my bed. But instead I was laying across a large bed. I sat up. My back felt as if it had never been hurt. What the hell happened? I looked around the room. It was fairly large. A mirror hung on th back of the door. Above the one dresser was a flat screen Tv. Outside, the sky was turning pink.

I swung my legs over the side of the queen-sized bed. I let out a shudder when my feet hit the cold tile floor. I walked slowly over to the door and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Holy freaking hell. I look awful! My eyes were bloodshot and my pupils were dilated. My skin was paler that usual. My hair and clothes were covered in dry mud. I couldn't remember much of what happened last night. Just that I got attacked by something.

I opened the door and stepped out into a dimly lit hall way. The only light came from the candles on the wall. This is so creepy. I heard voice coming from down the hall. I followed the voices and found myself standing in front of dark wooden door.

I stood there silently and listened.

"You bit her"?! a male voice yelled.

"I couldn't just let her die", said another voice. I absentmindly raised my hand up to my neck. I flinch, letting out a quiet hiss when I felt to small holes. The people inside went silent. Then the door swung open and I stood face to face with one of the men. His dirty blond hair fell over his narrowing green eyes. He grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me into the room.

"So you're telling me that we can trust this disgusting creature"?

I glare up at him. If only I was able to shift. No one should be able to talk about me or to me like that and live. The other man sighed. He had long brown hair that came down to his shoulders, his dark gray were warm and gently.

"Well", I snapped. "If you were able to control your kind, I wouldn't be here".

"I you weren't on our territory, you wouldn't have gotten attacked"!

I opened my mouth to make another smart comment, but the older guy spoke.

"Unhand her Toby", he demanded.

"Oh", I said. "Your name is Toby? Well, Toby I have one thing to say to you. YOU'RE A JERK"!!!!! I snatched my hand out of his iron grip and rubbed my wrist gently. The other man walked over to me.

"I apologized to my son's behavior. I'm Thomas by the way". I nodded, but kept my eyes on Toby. Besides the cold expression, he was actually cute. He was tall, same height as Thomas. His beautiful emerald eyes closed in frustration, his jaw locked.

"How can you treat her with such blindness"? He said through his teeth. "Thousands of out kind have died because of creatures like her"!

"That's enough, Toby", Thomas said, quickly standing in front of me. Toby groaned and stormed out without another word. Geez, who knew a guy as cute as him could be such a pain in the ass. Thomas ran his hand through his hair and turned towards me.

"I'm sorry. He has trust issues". I nodded. At least he didn't hate my guts.

"Did you really bite me"? I asked, already knowing the answer. He looked at me with a sad expression.

"Yes, but you were dying. I wasn't going to just stand there and watch. I may be a vampire, but I'm not evil".

For some strange reason, I trusted him. I mean he could have watched me die. But instead he saved me.

"So, I'm going to turn into a vampire"?

Thomas nodded.

"But I'm a werewolf. What will happen to me"?

"I'm not sure". he admitted. Of course, he's not sure. " But the transformation will be complete in a couple days"".

I barely heard what he said. I was wondering what was happening back home. They must have noticed that I'm gone by now. Are they looking for me? Or they happy--relieved-- that I'm gone? I felt a tear run down my cheek and I began to cry silently. I felt.....worthless, weak, unloved. I should have realized. They never treated me the same way they did my sister. This is the worst thing that could ever happened to me in my life.