Green Day and Catfish And The Bottlemen on The Revolution Radio Tour

Hey, it's ya girl Neon! I'm back at you with another chapter in my wonderful concert diary. On Wednesday, I attended Green Day's Revolution Radio Tour with special guest Catfish And The Bottlemen. So, without further adieu, here's my experience at the show.

Hair
I attended this show with my close friend Katelyn. Her cousin, Jessica, is really good at hair and makeup, so she helped us get ready for the show. She put my hair in a faux death hawk with braids on the side. It took 2+ hours, but it was so worth it, and it stayed in the whole concert. My friend has shorter, thicker hair, so she just twisted one half of it back and curled the rest. Jess had her hair down and flat ironed with a black bandana. I've never received more compliments at a concert than I did for this hairstyle.

Makeup
Jessica did our makeup as well. She did a dark eyeshadow look with eyeliner wings.

Here's Kate's makeup:

My outfit really isn't anything special, I just wore a black tank top, a cool belt, and black jeans with black combat boots

My outfit really isn't anything special, I just wore a black tank top, a cool belt, and black jeans with black combat boots. Kate wore a Vans tank top with black ankle boots, blue jeans, and a black nose ring, and Jess wore gray leggings with a band tee, heeled boots, and a leather jacket.

Venue
The show was at The Fiddlers Green Amphitheater. Doors for this show were at 5:30 and we arrived at almost 6. Once inside, we bought t shirts, and claimed spots on the lawn. We were lucky enough to get lawn barricade. Before long, Catfish And The Bottlemen started.

Catfish And The Bottlemen
Green Day had British alternative rock band Catfish And The Bottlemen as the opening act for this tour. They were very talented, but only played four or five songs.

Green Day After Catfish And The Bottlemen, the crew started setting up for Green Day

Green Day
After Catfish And The Bottlemen, the crew started setting up for Green Day.

After about 30 minutes of set up, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was played on the PA, and the crowd sang along

After about 30 minutes of set up, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was played on the PA, and the crowd sang along. Then, Green Day took the stage. They opened their set with Know Your Enemy, and towards the end of the song, rain started pouring down. The band played through Bang Bang and Revolution Radio in the rain. Green Day played a lengthy set of 26 songs, and they did a four song encore. After ending their official encore with the ten minute ballad Jesus Of Suburbia, drummer Tre Cool and bassist Mike Dirnt left the stage, and Billie Joe Armstrong played 21 Guns and Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) on an acoustic guitar. The show didn't end until almost 11:00 p.m.

Random Observations1

Random Observations
1. The guy next to us was absolutely awful and the moment he got thrown out may have been my favorite part of the night.

2. Green Day brought the most energetic crowd I've ever seen.

3. Fiddlers Green is my second favorite venue.

4. Catfish And The Bottlemen deserve more recognition.

Top 10 Moments
10. An 11 year old fan being brought on stage to play guitar with the band, and then being given the guitar.

9. Green Day playing Jesus Of Suburbia

8. Rocking out to Know Your Enemy, Bang Bang, and Revolution Radio in the rain.

7. The guy next to us getting thrown out (seriously)

6. Billie Joe Armstrong hitting a Subaru with his guitar.

5. American Idiot

4. King For A Day

3. A fan being brought onstage to sing the bridge of Longview

2. 21 Guns

1. Basket Case

Tips for this show
1. Try to get pit tickets. I wasn't in the pit, but I was watching the action down there, and it looked like so much fun.

2. Be prepared. You need to drink lots of water, and wear comfy shoes, because Green Day plays a long set.

3. You better scream if you want a good encore.

4. Have fun!

Concert rating:
9/10