Let me see you..

“Let me undress you, love.” Alan offered quietly, settling me comfortably on his lap, his thumbs rubbing circles on my hips soothingly.
“Okay..” I agreed faintly, smiling, curling my fingertips in the fabric of his shirt.
He smiles down at me, and I think of how grateful I am for him. How lucky I am to have this man in my life.
He begins to unbutton my shirt, each movement slow and careful as his fingertips ease the buttons through the holes with ease.
It slips off my arms and down to the floor, to fall at his feet.
He pulls me close, my body pressed tight against his chest as he unclasps my bra. The even, comforting feel of his forearm against my back, his chin propped up on my shoulder and his warm breath ghosting over my bare skin feels ever so soothing.
His hands come up to slide the straps carefully off my arms, dropping it down to the floor to join my shirt.
He frowns slightly as he rubs his fingers over the indents the garment left.
I sneak my arms around his torso, and lean just a bit closer to him.
We sit in silence for a few minutes, just holding each other tenderly, hoping to never have to let go.
“Stand up for me now, sweetheart..” he whispers quietly into my ear.
I let out the tiniest squeak of disappointment, but stand up anyway.
His hands never leave my body, just slip slightly lower to the waistband of my shorts to free me from their constraints.
It adds itself to the pile on the floor.
His fingers that I love so dearly are fiddling gingerly with the elastic on my underwear.
“Take them off, please,” I ask him gently, pleading. I want to be naked and I want to feel his skin. I want to be warm with him.
He merely smiles, as he pulls that final garment down my legs.
I’m free.
I smile at him, perch myself happily on his lap again, and speak.
“Come to bed with me, Charlie. I'm so sleepy,”
He obliges, scooping me up in his arms and carrying me to bed.
He plops me down on the soft blankets, and I look him up and down.
“Why do you still have clothes on, Alan?” I ask, cocking an eyebrow in confusion.
He shrugs. “Just haven't gotten undressed yet, love.”
I frown.
“Let me fix that!”
And I pull him down with me unexpectedly, turning so I can straddle his hips.
“Alright, alright!” he exclaims in happy surprise.
I hum a nearly forgotten tune as I quickly but carefully unbutton his shirt, exposing his pale chest and the sparse scattering of hair there.
I move just a bit lower, pushing the button on his jeans through the buttonhole and unzipping him slowly.
I tug on his arm gently, and he sits up so I can rid him of his shirt. His hips hover slightly above the bed as I pull his trousers off his legs.
“No one really likes wearing their underwear to bed,” I say, “Let me help you..”
And just like that, finally, both of us are stripped down to the bone.
“Come here,” he says, arms outstretched. “Come lie with me here for awhile.”
I oblige, crawling carefully over him and his arms engulf me in a warm embrace. I press a kiss to the tip of his nose and he lets out a pleased groan, his arms tightening around my body. I snake my limbs around his torso and clasp my hands together around his back.
“I love you, Alan.” I simper softly as he rolls onto his side.
“Mmm, I love you too, my darling.”

"Goodnight." We both sigh gently, drifting off to sleep in each other's arms..