Chapter Seventeen - Maggie's past

“Hi, Jenna! How are you? I miss you!”, Harry started enthusastic.

“I’m really good but I miss you too! My best friend is right next to me!”

“Oh really? Say hi from me! If she wants to we can talk a bit!” 

Maggie smiled as she watched Harry. He was so cute. You could really see that he liked Jenna.

“Niall?”

“Yeah?”

“Why do we have to talk?”, Maggie whispered. “Can’t you tell me now? I’m…” She took a deep breath and sighed.

“Don’t worry”, he smiled and grabbed her hand. “Everything will be alright. Remember; I love you.” He gave her a kiss on her cheek. “And I mean it. I’ve never met a girl like you. Why can’t you see what I see? You are so beautiful and you have such a nice character. The other boys also like you very much and I can be lucky no one of them fell in love with you. You might have taken another one.”

“You’re saying stupid things”, Maggie smiled. “At first: I’m not really beautiful. I’m fat. And it’s no fair that you can eat Nando’s everyday and stay skinny and I can eat nothing all day and stay like this.

Second: I like the boys too but they’re not you. When I saw posters or pictures of you I always looked at you first. That’s why I stood infront of you at the signing, not infront of Harry, Louis, Zayn or Liam. I tried to imitate your accent and I watched your auditions over and over again. I listened to your solos over and over again. I read facts about you. I was in love with you before you knew me. Because I knew you. I dreamt about meeting you. A hug or a smile made my days. I dreamt about you following me on twitter and when I met my friends I always thought about you. When I listened to your music I always saw you and if anyone had a solo I imagined you standing in the background.”

“Niall, Maggs, we have to go. The car stopped five minutes ago”, Liam said. He stood in the door.

“Really?!”, Niall asked unbelieving and stood up, still holding Maggie’s hand so he dragged her with him.

“I’m jetlagged”, she moaned as they had left the car.

Niall turned around to face her, grabbed her feet with one hand and her back with his other hand and pulled her close. “You can sleep a bit.”

“Am I not too heavy?”,she asked shyly.

“Are you serious?”, he laughed. “You are as light as a feather.”

She blushed, cuddled into his chest and felt asleep.

“Jenna’s best friend is very nice. You guys should meet her when we’re back to London.”

“Harry wants us to go out with her”, Louis laughed. “But everyone except for me has a girl.”

“Huh?!”, Niall asked and looked at Liam.

“What was the name of the girl you were talking to?”, Louis giggled.

“Her name is Kata. She will watch our interview. And her friend was Juliaana. They were nice.”

“You were only talking to them”, Louis added. “Looks like I am the only one with no girl! Harry, you left me!”

“Maybe you like Sue, Jenna’s friend.”

“What about this girl on twitter?”, Zayn laughed. “I saw you lately. You DMed her. What was her name again? Something with an N.”

“Her name is Naks”,Louis grinned. “She DMed me because I followed her and she asked me if I liked Australia.”

“It’s like texting her”, Harry smiled. “Just saying.”

“Shut up!”, Louis laughed and they entered the hotel room. Niall placed Maggie on the couch and wanted to drag his and her suitcase to his room as Louis shouted: “No! Maggs has to sleep in the shower!”

“Oh, come on. Should I really lay her down in the shower now?”

“Yep!”

Niall sighed, picked her up and carried her to his room. He lie her down on his bed, left and came back with their suitcases, then he locked the door. He wouldn’t do this to her and Louis would so he had to lock the door to protect her. He took out their toothbrushes, shampoo bottles, towels and their PJs. He went into their bathroom because she probably woke up and so she wouldn’t see him almost naked. As he came back she really was awake. “How was your sleep?”, he asked her and sat down next to her. She lie his head on his arm and smiled.

Einfach wundervoll. Thank you for carrying me. It’s crazy to be jetlagged. It didn’t even take five hours.”

“We are used to fly, you’re not I guess.” By this sentence he recognized he knew almost nothing about her.”You said you’d already known me. Tell me something about you”, he smiled soft and stroke her hair.

“I don’t know you since X Factor so I’m a directioner since 2011.”

“Don’t tell me anything One Direction related, please. I read your tweets, hun. I know what you tweeted. At the beginning, in 2011, you wrote loads about Justin and someday you started with One Direction. What was before you activated your twitter?”

She sighed. “It was hard to be me. In kindergarten I had a best friend and her brother and my sister were… kind of a couple. They kissed but they were only 4 so it didn’t really count. My friend went to another primary school then and I had a new best friend for three years. Later I found out she talked bad about me. The fourth and last year my BF was really nice, we always shared food. The other kids didn’t like me… I was the outsider. When I was in the second year my parents divorced but as friends so this was okay for me. During the fourth year my mom moved to another province, four hours away and then - suddenly - she told us that we had to move to hers.” She started to cry. “I love my mom, but…! She had a new husband and she gave birth to my halfbrother… I really love him but my stepfather… He hit her. When he was drunk. And he was drunken very often. My mom defended herself what made it even worse. They married. My sister and I had to watch, I protected her because I was older. I protected my mom. She didn’t know what she was doing to us by that. Our dad worried about us so much, he wanted to take care of us but he still respected our mother… Then we told her we would want to move to our dad and so did we. She was sad but she understood it. I was 11 when I had to call the police because my mother couldn’t. I can still hear her voice shouting: ‘Maggie, call the police!’ I hear her tears, I feel her sobbing on my shoulder, my sister crying, him shouting, my little brother, a baby, crying. I had to be the one who looked for everyone. When we moved to our dad I couldn’t sleep. I was afraid what he would do to her if I wasn’t there to protect her. Once she called me and then I heard him and she was gone. I hyperventilated. When we were there for two years she got another baby, also his child. He didn’t rape her. She wanted to have his children. We love them and then she started to hate him. And she told my brother everyday: ‘You’re so much like your father!’ I had to cry everytime.”

“Maggie…”, he started but didn’t know what to say. He just pulled her close so she could hide her face in his chest and started to sob.