Spark

Emily's POV

Alison pushing me against the door like this is an absolute shock. I'm not complaining though. Her sudden show of dominance only solidifies that she's having these feelings too. Alison's initial hungry kisses quickly turn into those of intense passion as she slinks one hand around the back of my neck and the other hand behind my lower back in order to deepen our contact. My once tense body begins to soften in response to the magical spell she casts upon my lips and my entire body with every slow, purposeful kiss.

Suddenly ripping herself away from me again, Alison angrily mumbles, "Damnit" as she frustratingly walks away with her hands on top of her head.

The unexpected abandonment of her lips and warm hold upon me leaves me dazed, confused, and admittedly a little dizzy.

"What is happening" I ask feeling completely confused as I remain standing by the door.

Quickly turning around to face me, Alison blurts out in a raised tone of voice, "This is wrong!".
Throwing herself down on the couch, she continues while covering her face with her hands,"Damnit I've done it again!".

Seeing her like this ignites something within me that simply makes me want to take away her emotional distress. Sitting down next to her, I slowly reach for her hands that are covering her beautiful face and softly coo, "Hey, look at me..Let me see those beautiful eyes".

Alison allows me to move her hands away from her face and down towards her lap where I happily intertwine our fingers and give a little squeeze of encouragement.

"There. That's better. Now talk to me" I encourage as I gaze into her teary eyes.

"You're in a relationship Emily" Alison replies solemnly. "And it's wrong of me to kiss you like that" she continues while looking down at her lap. "...To have these kinds of feelings for you the way that I do" she adds in a virtual whisper.

"Hey I kissed you first" I reply trying to make her feel better. "I crossed that line between us. I started this" I add.

"That may be the case, but I promised myself that I'd never go down this road again... a road that's off limits to me" she replies still looking down at her lap. "There are so many road blocks in my way... I can't get to you... I'm so confused... This is all so new to me... like uncharted territory" she adds as I see agony and uncertainty begin to fill her eyes.

"Please look at me," I plead as I glide my hand across her tear stained cheek, "I don't understand any of this either. I don't know exactly why or how this came about. All I know is that it's happening and I can't deny it any longer. You and I have something between us. It's this spark... a connection that I wasn't expecting. Look how far we've come since we first met. I never thought in a million years that I would ever feel this way about you. That night on the rooftop changed everything for me. I needed you to be my friend. And now that friendship has transformed into something else. I don't think you understand how huge this is for me. I never talk like this. I never open up like this. But you... You've done this to me".

"But you're in a relationship. You're committed to someone else and you're happy with him" Alison replies. "And it's wrong to cheat.... but it's like this force inside me is pulling me towards you regardless of the fact that you're off limits. Even though I don't know what to do with all of these new emotions, I still can't seem to stop myself from wanting you". 

"When I kissed you like that, what was going on in your mind" I ask curiously.

Pausing for awhile while deep in thought, Alison finally replies, "I was surprised at first... But kissing you felt right".

"You know when you blush like that, it's incredibly adorable" I reply without thinking. 

"Stop it" Alison giggles after playfully smacking my hand. "What was going on in your mind when I kissed you like that" Alison asks now turning the tables on me. 

"I was taken back at first. But pinning me against the door like that was really hot. The way you kissed me felt natural. I didn't want to stop being so close to you" I reply as I feel my cheeks begin to warm up.

"Now look who's blushing" Alison teases me.

"Oh shut up" I laugh in response.

"In all seriousness, can we please just let things happen naturally between us? I know things are complicated and I don't know what each day will bring us. But I do know that I don't want to lose you" I state honestly.

"I....don't know" she replies hesitantly.

"Ali please. For the rest of tonight, can we just stay here? Live in a bubble of sorts.... just you and me. We can talk, relax, do whatever. I just want to be around you" I plead.

Alison's eyes light up and a pleasant smile forms as she continues to look at me in silence. Then, without warning, she leans in and places a slow, soft kiss on my lips. Pulling away slightly, she whispers, "Say it again".

"Wha.. Say what again" I ask.

"The first thing you said to me" she whispers while smiling .

For a moment, I'm confused by what she's requesting. Then I realize what I've said for the first time.

Reciprocating her beaming smile, I whisper in a low, husky voice as I begin to lean forward, "Ali...please".

In between kisses as I gently guide Alison to lay down on the couch, I continue to plead, "Let me stay... so... we..can keep... doing this".

Giggling and trying to suppress a slight moan, Alison replies, "You're a bad girl Em".

"Ohhhh! Em.. I like the way that sounds coming from your lips" I reply flirtatiously while kissing her deeply.

Pulling away, I continue, "Oh.. and by the way... I blame you. You do this to me".

"Who? Me?" Alison jokes while feigning surprise and acting offended. 

"Yea you. Don't play coy" I reply laughing.

"Oh just shut up and kiss me" Alison demands before she pulls me in and eagerly kisses me. 

It's happening again... that out of body feeling. It's flooding my senses and I find myself getting lost in her kisses. It's just the two of us getting lost in the moment and feeding a desire that we can't hide from anymore. No more denying. No more overthinking. Just living in the here and now. 

"Em" Alison says suddenly after halting our makeout session. "While I am really enjoying this, I must admit... I'm so hungry" she says after placing her hand over her stomach. "I haven't had anything to eat all day. Before you showed up at my door, I was planning on ordering in. Do you want anything from Lin's Noodles" Alison asks while absentmindedly tucking my hair behind my ears and playing with the long strands of my hair.

"Oh yes please" I reply excitedly as I quickly remove myself from on top of Alison.

"They're just down the street so it'll be here in no time" she says while waiting for the restaurant to answer the phone.

"I'll get the wine if you pop on anything Food Channelish " Alison adds while heading to the kitchen to pour the glasses of wine.

"Any wine that you have in mind" Alison asks from the kitchen.

"Suprise me" I answer while flipping through the channels. "Reruns of Chopped work for you" I holler to Alison in the kitchen.

"Perfect" she replies happily as she hands me a hefty glass of wine.

"I say we toast to this" I propose out of the blue. "To taking things one day at a time and to continuing to be open and honest with one another" I say while raising my glass to Alison.

"Cheers to that" Alison replies while lightly clinking our glasses together.