28 - t j u e å t t e

Written by xSanni

Edited

Published November 25th

Chapter 28: Third person

Jazper is back at the house with Jenny in his arms in no time, slamming the door open so that everybody would hear it. First to come is Clary and Natasha, both of them looking shocked.

"Brother, what happened?" Clary asks, her voice low.

Jazper ignores her, not wanting much to do with her - the cause of all this - right now. He speeds up the stairs. "ERIKA! ANDREW!"

Not long after the two others show up as well, Paul trailing behind them.

Erika covers her mouth and then speeds over to Jazper and Jenny. She lays a hand on her stomach, feeling the warmth of Jenny's blood, and then touching her face. She shakes her head, wiping away a stained tear on Jenny's cheek. "No, no, no... What happened? Oh my gosh, she's dead... This is..."

Every muscle in Jazper's body is tense, and he looks down at the dead vampire in his arms. "I killed her."

Everybody's eyes are on him now, confusion filling all of them.

Clary looks at her brother, fearing that what he just did might cause him to turn off his emotions again. She had not thought this entirely through. Why would he kill her? For a second she started thinking that maybe he already had turned off him emotions, but she can see the sadness and anger in his eyes. She knows that he will eventually start blaming her for this, so she has to make this right. She can't have him turn on her.

"Jazper," Clary whispers, moving towards her brother with outstretched arms. "Give her to me."

"You. Get the fuck away from here." Jazper's voice is laced with venomous hate towards her, and Clary feels hurt.

She doesn't let it show, though, and tries again. "Please. We can bring her back."

"Haven't you done enough?" Erika asks through gritted teeth.

Clary understands why they are acting like this, but she can't have both of her siblings turn against her. She looks at Jazper, who is staring down at Jenny. Eventually he lifts his eyes to meet his sister's. Clary sees the pain in his eyes, and knows that he wants her to bring Jenny back. So she steps forwards a little more and tries taking Jenny herself.

"No," Jazper says, taking a step back. "I'll carry her."

Clary nods, understanding. "Okay, let's move her onto something soft, like her bed."

Jazper speeds away, into Jenny's bedroom. The rest follows.

Natasha grabs Clary by the arm and pulls her slightly away from the rest, making Clary look at her with a questioning gaze. "What's your plan now?" the witch asks.

Clary looks at her as if she's dumb. "You're going to bring her back."

"Clary, I can't do that," she whispers, afraid that if the others heard her, they would get even more stressed out.

The tall brunette vampire snorts. "Of course you can. Just get that magic book of yours, read some old spell and boom, Jenny's back."

"That's not how it works, Clary," Natasha says, shaking her head. "I am a strong witch, yes. I can do a lot of things that other witches can't, but bringing someone back from the dead is something I have never done before. You know why? It's dangerous."

"Living without a little danger isn't really living."

"Stop acting like a bitch, Clary. Death is something I don't want to mess with. Bringing someone back craves a lot of power. If I try this, I could die! And that means that A, you're not getting Jenny back, and B, you don't have a witch to do shit for you any longer."