Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The two just arrived to Teri's house. Teri carried in the pizza and her personal belongings while Sherri carried in her bags. As they walked in Sherri couldn't help but look around in amazement. Teri's house was very well decorated and it fit her perfectly.

Teri sat the food on the kitchen counter before turning to look at Sherri. "I kind of want to take a shower first. It's been a really long day", Sherri said as she struggled to hold both of her heavy bags. "That's fine, love. I was actually thinking of doing the same". Teri walked over and grabbed one of the bags. Sherri started to stretch out her shoulder as she laughed, "You owe me a shoulder massage. I thought you would have me standing there forever". Teri just laughed as she walked down the hall. "Maybe if you are lucky Sher-Bear". She turned to wink at her before putting her attention back to the door they now stood in front of.

"This is the guest room". They walked in and both of the sat the bags on the full size bed across the room. "There's a few hangers already in the closet. If you need more let me know. The bathroom already has towels, soap, shampoo, and any other toiletries you may need. So that should be all set for now. Just make yourself completely at home". As soon as she turned around Sherri wrapped her arm around her pulling her into a strong embrace. Teri was slightly taken off guard but hugged her back while rubbing small circles in her back. "If you need anything at all my room is the one all of the way down the hall". She kissed her cheek before walking out.

Sherri stood there just taking in her new surroundings. The room was just a well put together as the rest of the house. But yet she still didn't feel alright. She began to undress to shower and walk over to the mirror. She looked to where Teri kissed her cheek and smiled. She felt warm and excited to see where this friendship will go and what it could lead to. Excited with the idea of a void being filled that was secretly driving her crazy. Then she looked a little closer and could see a slight bruise forming from the hit. She shut her eyes tight trying to wield herself to forget about what happened.

She climbed into the shower and allowed the warm water to completely wash over her. She was desperately fighting to push her thoughts to the back and keep herself together. She sat on the floor of the shower with her knees pulled to her chest as she finally gave into her many thoughts. After five minutes had passed she pulled herself off of the floor, washed up and got out to get dressed. She pulled her wet hair up into a bun. She dug through her bag to find some pajamas but realized that she hadn't packed many options. She opted for some boy shorts and a loose fitting t-shirt. She figured that there's no harm in being slightly clad in front of another woman. Besides, they were each other's TV wives and she was already feeling comfortable around her.

She walked out of the room and into the kitchen. She flipped open the pizza box to see that it was still hot and to her surprise was making her mouth water. She looked about the kitchen and retrieved some napkins and then two bottles of water from the fridge. She picked up the box and made her way down the hall to Teri's room. She could hear the TV playing and the shower still running. She just made her way down the hall to Teri's room. She pushed through the door looking around to make sure she wouldn't be walking in on her. Her room was beautiful, decorated in earthy golds and creams. She had a great king size bed with lots of pillows. She had so many pictures of her kids everywhere, Sherri laughed to herself wondering if she possibly had just one of anyone else. She sat the food on the foot of the bed and climbed under the covers on the right side.

Teri had to take a long shower. After all of the events of that day she just needed to regenerate. She wanted to make sure that she was able to be here for Sherri. She had to admit, she really liked Sherri as a person. She didn't seem anything like how she first thought that she would be; so passionate and warm hearted. Plus, she was crazy beautiful. All the reason why she was so confused as to why Nick could treat her so terribly.