Chapter 10 - Bad Blood & Family Bonds

~~~ Minutes before (Yn) exits the theater ~~~

Ruby's PoV

The movie is just starting when (Yn) walks out. I watch as three guys get up and follow him. The four leave the viewing area and I see (Yn) look behind him.

I think these guys might be troublesome, so I get up and follow them. (Yn) ducks out of the theater and around the corner. I watch as his pursuers jump onto the roof.

“(Yn) watch ou-,” I try to yell, but a hand wraps around my mouth and cuts me off.

I hear a gruff voice whisper in my ear. “Not so fast. My alpha has business with the young master.”

He pulls me into the shadows and holds me there. I can see (Yn), but the other three guys are in his line of sight. The one in front starts talking to (Yn).

“Now (Yn), are you going to come quietly, or are we gonna have to do this the hard way?”

(Yn) is being held against the alley wall by the other guys.“Fuck off, Darius. Your kind doesn't scare me,” he yells at the leader. Then (Yn) spits in his face.

The leader, Darius, chuckles and backhands (Yn). “Ha ha ha, you shouldn't have done that. You never know what we could be hiding,” he says, signaling the guy holding me, “or who.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Yn)'s PoV

Darius waves to someone and I see Ruby pulled out of the shadows by one of Darius's men. That's why he was standing so close, to block my line of sight. He grabs Ruby by the hair.

She screams and my eyes flash red. “LET HER GO!!!”

Darius shakes his head, “See, I gave you a chance to surrender.” He brushes Ruby's hair off her neck. “But your friend here, has to pay for your insult.”

Ruby cries out, “Please, don't hurt me. (Yn) what's going on?” Tears run down her face.

I struggle against Darius' boys. “It's okay, everything's gonna be okay.”

Darius backhands me again. “Didn't your mother ever tell you not to lie.” He turns back to Ruby. “This is gonna hurt, a lot.”

His face morphs into a wolf snout and I know what he's getting ready to do. I struggle against the guy on my right and free my arm. I throw him off and reach toward my team's friend. “Ruuubbyy, NO!!!,” I shout as Darius bites down on her pale shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yang's PoV

I laugh as the killer stalks another victim, moving in for the kill. I look around and notice Ruby and (Yn) haven't returned yet. I'm starting to get worried, and by the looks I'm getting Weiss, Blake, and team CFVY, so is everyone else.

A scream rings out, lining up with the scream emanating from the screen. Blake looks back at the doors. “Yang, I think Ruby's in trouble.”

I nod and The eight of us walk outside. I ready Ember Celiac and run outside. “I hope Ruby's okay,” I think to myself.

I get outside and look around but don't see anything. Everyone follows behind me. I see Velvet and Coco freaking out, like lost children looking for their parent.

Velvet sniffs around and her ears perk up. “Quickly, they're this way, I smell blood!”

She smells blood!? This isn't helping the situation, and now I'm panicking. Is Ruby hurt? Is she the one bleeding out? My over protective sister instinct kick as I follow Velvet down the alley next to the theater.

When we round the corner, the scene we witness is more gruesome than the movie inside. There in the center of the alley sits a bloody (Yn). His eyes are red and his teeth sharp. There are four bodies around him and Ruby. The worst part is Ruby. The shoulder of her dress is ripped and soaked with blood.

“Yang,” (Yn) looks up at me. “I'm so sorry, I tried but I was too late.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few seconds after Ruby is bitten

After seeing Darius bites into Ruby's shoulder, I go into a full blood rage. I grab the guy to my left and punch a hole through his stomach. The guy I threw off my right attacks and I rip into his neck with my fangs. I tear his throat out and throw him to the side. My strength returns and I run towards Ruby and Darius. I can see Ruby screaming but I can't hear anything but the sound of blood flowing.

I tear Darius off Ruby and hold him in the air by the throat. “You hurt one of my friends, that was a grave mistake.”

I hold my hand in front of his heart and strike with the precision of an arrow. My hand plunges through his chest and out the back. I pull my arm back through, holding his still beating heart. Surprisingly, he's struggling to breath already, but I squeeze harder till I hear his neck snap.

I drop his lifeless body on the ground and kneel at Ruby's side. I feel her forehead, and she's burning up. It's too late for me to save her, so I just hold her there. I can feel her pulse and breathing quickening

As I cry for my friend, our teams round the corner, with Velvet and Coco taking point. Then they part and Yang passes by them. She sees Ruby and her eyes turn red with rage.

“Yang, I'm so sorry, I tried but I was too late.” I broke down and wept over Ruby's body.