Chapter 2

Sorry for my poor grammar. Enjoy!

For the next month, both families became extremely close, spending almost every weekend together. One night, Artem received a call from Sharna pleading for him to watch the kids because she had to take the night shift at the diner. Artem immediately agreed. Hastily, Sharna dropped off Jace, who ran over to play with Harper right when the door opened, and Mia, who was currently crying.

"Thank you so much, Artem. This means so much to me. My friend, Peta, and her husband usually watch them, but they're in the process of moving to New York." Sharna explained.

"Don't worry about it. I can watch them anytime." Artem replied. "What time do you have to be at work?"

Sharna looked down at her watch. "Now. Bye, Jace. I love you. Bye, sweetheart."

She set down the kids' overnight bags on the ground and kisses Mia's head.

"Bye, Sharna. Say bye to Mommy, Mia." Artem and Sharna give each other a kiss on the cheek, before Sharna raced towards her car.

Artem looked back to see that Harper and Jace had disappeared to the playroom upstairs. He gazed at Mia "Well, I guess it's just you and me, Princess."

After bringing the kids' overnight bags upstairs, Artem cooked Mac & Cheese for Jace and Harper, with Mia still in his arms. Once he fed them, the man ate his dinner with Mia eating Cheerios next to him in her portable high chair. All of a sudden, his phone notified him of a text from Sharna.

Sharna: How is everything? R the kids behaving?

Artem: Everything is great. Jace is playing with Harper in playroom. Mia is with me.

Sharna: Good 2 hear.

Artem: How is work?

Sharna: Boring. But I won't be back till 9:00 or so.

Artem: I should be awake when u get here. Jace goes 2 bed @ 8:00 right?

Sharna: Yup. I gotta go. Tell the kids I love them.

Artem: Will do. See u later.

Once he cleaned the dishes and checked on the kids, Artem took Mia upstairs and gave her a bath. After drying her off and putting her in a fresh diaper, he dressed her in a soft, pink onesie covered with small, cute elephants. A few hours and a diaper change later, it was time for all of the kids to go to bed.

"Bedtime, kids." Artem said as he walked into the playroom.

Earlier, Artem had set up sleeping bags in the playroom so the kids could have a sleepover.

"Time to brush your teeth." He continued.

The kids started whining and complaining. One by one, Artem helped Harper and Jace brush their teeth. Both kids jumped into their sleeping bags.

First, Artem bent down and pulled the covers over Harper, before kissing her on the forehead. "Goodnight, sweetheart. Get some sleep. I love you."

"I love you too." She replied.

Then, he kneeled down next to Jace and pulled up the covers of his sleeping bag.

"Artem, can I sleep over again soon? Today was fun." Jace asked.

Artem smiled. "Of course, buddy. Goodnight."

As he turned off the light and walked out of the room, he faintly heard Jace whisper, "I love you."

"I love you too." He replied softly, turning back to see that the young boy had already fallen asleep.

Artem walked downstairs into the living room where Mia was playing in her playpen.