Chapter 10: Temptation

The rest of Normani's day was a blur. She didn't even know how she managed to function properly after that encounter and Lauren's proposition. She knew she promised herself she wouldn't do stuff with Lauren again, but it seemed that just by being close to her all the rational thought evaporated from her head. Normani was definitely perplexed by her own feebleness.

She never behaved like this in her life. She wasn't a cheater, she wasn't the one to be led by her carnal desires. This was something new, something unpredictable and frightening but also utterly thrilling.

She was currently at the counter at Ivy's serving the customers. It was a slow night, there weren't too many people, which allowed her mind to wander off...to Lauren of course.

I won't do it, of course I won't. Why would I? Why am I even considering it? It's completely wrong, and besides there is Val, and he respects me and likes me...and no, just no, I won't do it. Normani stop thinking about it...now, she was frowning as she debated with herself.

However, no matter how much she wanted to stop thinking about it she couldn't, and no matter how much she convinced herself she wasn't even considering it, she definitely was. Every now and then, her thoughts would wander to how it would feel holding Lauren in her arms, caressing her beautiful curvaceous body, and exploring her with her lips, everywhere.

What is she doing now? Is she thinking of me, like I am of her?, Normani thought of Lauren dreamily again as she propped her elbows on the counter. Why does she have such a pull over me, I don't understand...And what does she want from me, is it just sex? Why me? Is she a lesbian? Hmm I never thought of that...but she's with that sleaze Ty...hmm. And what am I? I'm not gay, but I like her...no wait what, no no, I don't like her. It's impossible, just no. She's a girl and she's Lauren. And why am I thinking of her again...urgh. Normani slouched on a counter in resignation and started banging her forehead on the counter in frustration.

"What is she doing to me?" Normani whispered to herself as she repeatedly banged her head on the counter.

"Umm Miss...are you okay?" A bewildered voice caused her to jolt straight up. Her cheeks got hot with embarrassment of being caught in such a position, she responded "Oh yes, of course, I apologize, I was just..." she trailed off, her cheeks heating up even more.

"Anyways, what can I get you?" She asked the customer, clearing her throat slightly, still embarrassed.

"Just a regular coffee please." The lady said politely, amused by the girl in front of her.

"Right away." Normani smiled trying to compensate for the embarrassing first impression.

What should I do about you Lauren...?, she sighed heavily as she turned to the machine that brewed the coffee.

So many questions and no answers whatsoever...

***

Normani discarded her clothes in a haste, not caring if anyone might see her anymore. She needed it, and fast.

"Aaah." She winced when freezing water hit her hot skin. It was too cold, but she didn't care, she needed to drive out this all consuming heat from her body. She stayed under the cold shower for a couple of minutes, letting the cold water wash away her lust. When her teeth started to chatter from the cold she decided it was probably enough.

She stepped out drying herself with a towel, and changing into her dance outfit. Other girls showed up soon, looking at her in surprise as to why she was showering before practice. Dinah voiced their questions as soon as she entered the locker room.

"Hey Mani, why did you take a shower before practice? You'll just get sweaty again." Dinah Jane asked her curiously.

Because Lauren was taunting me the whole day, and turning me on to the point of madness! Normani thought to herself. But of course she couldn't say that out loud. "Ehmmm...I spilled something on myself." Normani shrugged, trying to act nonchalant. She wanted to bang her head on the wall at her lame excuse. She didn't really have the time to think whether it would seem weird since she had other things on her mind at the time.