Prologue

August 20, 1974

"Elaine - no last name," The headmistress of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic addressed me with disdain, I wasn't her favorite student, "Miss Dubois," on the contrary, the smug looking blonde, Ada Dubois, was her favorite, "claims that you attacked her in Charms. Is that true?"

I stared down at my powder blue shoes - no mattered how I answered, I was going to be treated as if I was guilty, "No, ma'am."

"Liar!" The headmistress was already taking her side. In fact, I knew that trouble was coming to me when I walked into a room that had not only the headmistress and my accuser, but also some official wizards that had something to do with the other magical schools.

One such wizard had a long white beard, and wore attire that could only belong to an English wizard, "Perhaps, Eirene," that's the headmistress's first name, "we should allow the young woman the chance to explain herself."

I looked up to meet the wizard's gaze, to which he nodded to prompt me to speak, "I," I swallowed, trying to get my words out, "I was working on the levitation charm, and as Miss Dubois had snapped my wand a few days prior, my magic was not controlled as well as it would have been with my wand." Ada went to interrupt me, but was silenced by the wizard, who had allowed me to speak, raising his hand. He then nodded at me to continue, "Our assignment was to levitate a cup of water around the room by passing the cup from one person to the next. I was to pass it to Miss Dubois and was unable to control how fast it flew and accidentally hit her with the cup - spilling the water on her."

He nodded, "Thank you, Miss . . .?"

"Elaine, sir."

He nodded, but before he could speak again, Headmistress spoke up, "Albus! That is enough! Let me deal with this troublemaker! I've been doing this all year!"

"With all due respect, Headmistress - !" I tried to speak again.

Tried. "You!" I flinched at her harshness, "This is the final straw! You've been nothing but trouble since you were admitted!" I froze, she wouldn't . . . "You've left me with no choice!"

"W-wait!"

She shook her head with false sadness, "I will have to expel you."

"B-But-!"

'Albus' interjected his opinion, "Perhaps," whilst the headmistress had a smile on her face before, as the man spoke on, she began to lose patience, "you would consider - instead of expulsion - allowing for Miss Elaine to transfer."

My eyes widened at the prospect of possibly being able to start anew. I never thought that was an option.

Apparently, Headmistress believed the same, "And who would take her, Albus?!" I flinched at the prospect of not being wanted. While it was something that I had grown accustomed to, it still hurt to believe such a thing, "She's just a poor orphan who cannot even afford her learning materials!"

"Well, at the very least," 'Albus' spoke up calmly with a confident smile gracing his features, " I would be most willing to allow Miss Elaine attendance."

I was stunned, why was this man being so nice to me? And what did he mean by 'allow attendance'?

"Hogwarts?" Headmistress laughed mockingly. "Well, Hogwarts can have her!"

Still stunned, I was barely able to utter the word, "H-Hogwarts?!"

"That's right, Miss Elaine," the man spoke kindly. "It is generally rare for the school to take transfers, but I will not allow such a dedicated student to be expelled for something as petty as a personal favorite." Cue glare over to the headmistress. 

After a moment of complete silence, I whispered, "R-really? You really want me to attend?"

"Any competent person could see that you are a very gifted wizard, Miss Elaine. Hogwarts would be delighted to have you, but it is completely your own choice."

While it really was a no-brainer decision, I looked to the headmistress for some sort of trace to something that wanted me to stay - that she really wasn't what she had proved herself to be over my past three years of attendance. That wasn't the case, though. There was no remorse, nothing trying to convince me to stay. She REALLY wanted to expel me!

I sighed, a sad smile gracing my features, "Thank you for your offer. I would be honored to attend Hogwarts if you would allow me to."

~~~~

I hadn't known how transferring to Hogwarts would have opened up my world so much when I made the decision. I didn't know that I was destined for what Albus called was 'great things', and I certainly didn't see myself actually fitting in within a magical community.

It started here. On a Tuesday.

That's where I began my journey towards acceptance of myself and of others. When I started towards the path of friends and peers - something I wasn't able to experience from Beauxbatons.

There is something else that I was able to find in Hogwarts - a Home with a loving family.

________________________________________________________________________________

I swear I am on a Harry Potter kick! I don't recall how I came to get on this kick again, but I thought that I should start writing this before I forgot my idea.

That's how I have so many drafts, because I have ideas and I am too afraid I will forget what I wanted to write.

I will update my akatsuki no Yona book! I will! . . . . at some point. . ..  

please bare with me~~~~

~Ashley